Family picnic in nature – a wholesome list of food and stuff for a picnic
Summer is almost on the doorstep! A little more, and parents will breathe freely, hiding the children’s school backpacks in the closets. A little more, and each family gets ready for the road – to relax in nature, to walk children tired of the school year and forget about the bustle of the city. The main thing is not to forget anything.
See also: A complete list of things for a walk with your child in the summer.
Therefore, having chosen the place and time of the picnic, we study the list of necessary things and products for a picnic in advance…
The content of the article:
What to take for a picnic from food and products – a list of what to cook for a picnic for the whole family
- Fruits and vegetables. They should be washed and packaged in advance so as not to waste time outdoors. And clean water at a picnic – the amount is limited (we take more!). It will come in handy for fish soup, delicious tea, washing hands and washing your little ones. Do not get carried away with exotic fruits, so as not to spend your picnic behind the bushes closest to the parking lot. From vegetables, they usually take a standard set – tomatoes, cucumbers, greens, zucchini for kebabs, potatoes (medium-sized – for baking), bell peppers, onions – for kebabs and fish soup. By the way, potatoes can be boiled in advance at home in their uniforms.
- Canned food. This, of course, is not about stew (unless your plans include a week-long trip with a tent), but about canned food for garnish – corn, beans, green peas, olives, pickled cucumbers, etc.
- For sandwiches. It is advisable to choose ready-made cuts in packages in the store in order to save yourself time at a picnic – hard cheese, sausage or boiled pork, bacon, etc.
- Meat, fish, eggs. It is better to fry the fish at home in pieces, choosing fillets (it will be simply lazy to mess with the bones, and children will have an extra headache). Meat can also be cooked at home or marinated on barbecue (for 1 person – about 0.5 kg) and taken with you in a convenient container for cooking on the grill. Chicken kebab (by the way) cooks faster. And there is also an option – chicken wings fried over a fire with spices. And, of course, cold fried chicken will be a joy for everyone – do not forget about it, cook in advance. Boil eggs the day before, hard-boiled.
- Sugar, salt, sauces (mayonnaise / ketchup), spices.
- Food for children. If your little ones do not eat adult food, make sure that they also have a holiday. In addition to the main food for children, you can take their favorite fruits, juices, sweets. It will be difficult to cook porridge over a fire, so instant porridge will be the way out – fortunately, there is no shortage of them today. Choose sweets without quickly spoiling creams and creams.
- Bread, roll (in different packages!), biscuits, crackers, cookies.
- Beverages – tea (in bags), coffee (it is especially tasty in nature), juices, water (with a reserve), drinks for adults (in moderation).
A little about the rules for transporting and eating food at a picnic:
- Do not take perishable food with you. We leave pates, raw eggs, cakes, soft cheeses, curds and all sorts of super-fresh buns at home.
- Purchase a portable refrigerator for your car, or at least a cooler bag. Moreover, if you are relaxing with children. Transport ready meals only in it. If this is not possible, line the bottom of the bag with newspapers and line the food with bottles of cold water. In nature, you can make a refrigerator in the old fashioned way – by digging a hole in a shady piece of land (sand) and hiding the packaged food in it.
- All food and ready meals should be placed in plastic containers – firstly, it is convenient (nothing will spill, not wrinkle, not lose its appearance), and secondly, container lids can be useful for serving the “table”.
See also: Rules for a successful picnic.
It is clear that there is no point in lugging cabbage rolls, stuffed peppers and a bowl of cutlets with you if you are going to fry kebabs. But while this kebab is cooked, you will have time to get hungry 10 times. Therefore, look for a middle ground and take what will really be relevant and tasty.
A picnic list for the whole family – what do you need for a picnic in nature?
Of course, the list of things for everyone will be different. If you are traveling “on foot”, for a day or alone, this is one option, but if you are traveling with a large company (family), for a weekend and in 2-3 cars, it is completely different.
Therefore, proceed from your needs, and we will show you what can be useful at a picnic.
- Tent… Even if you are traveling for the day, it can be useful for those who want to relax, take a nap, sober up, or play pirates and daughters-mothers. A tent-tent, which will save heads from the sun and sudden rain, will also be useful.
- Sleeping bags, bedspreads, rugs, rugs – without them for a picnic, well, absolutely nothing.
- Oilcloth for the “table”… And maybe even the table itself (folding), if there is enough space in the car.
- Folding chairs or sun loungers… Or inflatable mattresses (beds) and pillows – for convenience (don’t forget about the pump). Folding chairs – for the elderly.
- Warm clothes in case a picnic is planned for a long time – with morning fishing trips, night songs by the fire with hot mulled wine and late awakenings with birds singing.
- For the fire. Charcoal for the barbecue, a hatchet for firewood (+ firewood, if there is no firewood in place), a shovel, lighters / matches, newspapers for lighting, gloves.
- Brazier, skewers, grill grates. Foil for baking potatoes, fish or vegetables.
- Bowler hat under the ear and mulled wine, cast iron pan, long spoon for stirring.
- For fishing: fishing rods / spinning rods, baits / attachments, cage, boat / pump, bait, fishing line, hooks / sinkers.
- For the table: disposable tableware – plates of different sizes and depths, glasses, plastic cutlery.
- Paper and wet wipes, toilet paper, liquid soap.
- Corkscrew, can opener, ordinary knives for cutting food, cutting board.
- UV remedies, for sunburn, mosquitoes and ticks (sprays and creams, spirals).
- Sun umbrellas.
- Bathing items: swimwear / swimming trunks, towels, inflatable rings and mattresses.
- First aid kit (iodine, brilliant green, bandages, plasters, activated charcoal, remedies for abdominal pain and indigestion, antispasmodics and analgesics, drugs for allergies, for the heart, etc.).
- For fun: guitar, radio or receiver, games (chess, backgammon, etc.), ball, flying saucer, badminton, book or newspaper with crosswords.
- For kids: toys (easy to clean), a set of a young sandcastle builder, a pool for toddlers, felt-tip pens / albums (if kids are drawn to creativity). Necessarily – a change of clothes, comfortable shoes, warm clothes, panamas on the head and a navigator-keychain on the neck (so as not to get lost).
- Garbage bagsto take all the trash with you after the picnic.
- Camera, camera, phone, flashlights… With a supply of batteries.
See also: Games and contests in nature for a young company – how to have fun at a picnic in the summer?
The rest is at will and needs. The most important thing – take a good mood with you and do not fuss about little things!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!