Each house has its own smell. By smell, we determine who lives in the apartment – a heavy smoker, dogs with cats or newborn children. And sometimes we just want the smell to disappear as soon as possible – everyone’s at least once, but something is burnt.
Aromatherapy takes care of your health as there are no harmful substances in essential oilsfound in cleaning products and air fresheners, for example. But this is only on condition that you purchase oils made from organically grown plants.
See also: Do-it-yourself natural air fresheners for the home.
Home uses of essential oil
- If you have a scent lamp – mix three drops of the chosen essential oil with three tablespoons of water and leave the candle lit for half an hour.
- Add 5 drops to 50 mg water in a mechanical spray bottle and spray a fragrant cloud.
- Apply a vacuum cleaner… Soak a piece of cloth with essential oil and allow the vacuum cleaner to suck it in. A pleasant smell will spread after the vacuum cleaner along the cleaning route.
- And if you are sorely short of time – just wet a piece of cloth and put it somewhere…
Aromatherapy is used to treat people, and at various stages of treatment, both individually and in combination with other medicines, both with the use of chemicals and in their complete absence. Regular use of aromatherapy allows you to sometimes reduce the dosage of potent drugs. In many cases, aromatherapy even replaces medications over time. Of course, the use of aromatherapy for health improvement, especially in the presence of any diseases, should always occur after consulting a doctor, on the recommendation of a specialist…
Aromatherapy in the hallway
The hallway is the business card of your house or apartment. This is the first scent your guest encounters, and this scent can tune him in both negatively and positively. At the same time, it is necessary that the aromas of the hallway have antiseptic and antibacterial effects… After all, we remember what is stored in the hallway: shoes, fur clothes, hats, mittens.
- Thus, for the hallway, first of all, it would be useful the smell of lavender… Lavender is a famous moth fighter. How do you like these smells: pine, cedar, cypress, and before the arrival of guests – lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, cloves, peppermint?
- Aroma and disinfection. When cleaning the hallway, as well as the entire apartment, it is recommended to disinfect a few drops of essential oil with the aroma of spruce, geranium, tea tree, eucalyptus, lavender, sage, nutmeg on a cloth that you use to wipe the dust, or simply spray it in the air.
Aromatherapy in the living room – for you and your guests
In the living room we relax, talk, solve important problems, receive guests. The purpose of aromatizing living rooms is relieving stress, fatigue after a hard day’s work, creating a good mood and a cozy atmosphere…
- The scent for the living room should be chosen in accordance with the taste and health of the inhabitants of this room. Here you can successfully use sandalwood, geranium, lavender, ylang-ylang…
- When you host, be nice citrus aromas, they create a pleasant, exciting atmosphere. And you will see that your friends will be happy to visit you again and again.
Aromatherapy secrets for the office
Some lucky ones have it. Well, or at least a work corner.
- An office is a place where a high degree of concentration and efficiency is needed. Fragrances will help you with this lemon, rosemary, clove, sage, juniper, lemon wormwood…
- Calm down, but at the same time not fall asleep, but continue to work, you can, thanks to subtle smells basil, bergamot, grapefruit, sandalwood…
- Many of us work at the computer all day long. Are you wondering what smells help reduce fatigue, reduce errors, create an atmosphere of creativity, and have a beneficial effect on tired eyesight? This aromas of lemongrass, ginger, rosemary, jasmine… See also: Prevention of office diseases.
Aromatherapy in the bedroom – for healthy sleep and pleasant dreams
- Peaceful sleep, a pleasant awakening will provide us the smell of geranium, sandalwood, chamomile or nerol…
- If you suffer from insomnia, interrupted sleep, conversation in a dream, sleepwalking, it is recommended to spread in the bedroom aromas of lavender, cedar, ylang-ylang, marjoram, rose, wild thyme…
- Can be put in the bedroom next to you aroma pillow, apply scented oil to your pillow or sheet.
Freshness, benefits and disinfection are the goals of aromatherapy in the kitchen
So we got to the kitchen.
- Eliminate unpleasant odors, refresh, purify and disinfect the air will help you thyme, lemon, geranium, lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, orange, violet, mint, sandalwood, anise, sage and conifer scent.
- The kitchen should smell clean or tasty. But in the kitchen we also throw waste away. Pets often eat in the kitchen. Therefore, a huge number of odors, including unpleasant odors, mold and bacteria are mixed here. In addition, condensed vapor or fat molecules are often present in the air, which are released during cooking, baking and frying. If you spray essential oils in the air, they will serve as a shell for the fat molecules, rid them of odors and bring a fresh scent to the kitchen.
- Tamers of harmful microbes – cloves, lemon rosemary, thyme – use when cleaning stoves, refrigerators and work surfaces. For general cleaning, eight drops of essential oil in five liters of water are enough.
- To disinfect surfaces, especially with moldy contaminants, it is recommended to carry out wet cleaning once a week using such a solution: add five drops of essential oils to one liter of water (can be used separately or together) lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, clove, rosemary, sandalwood, cinnamon, pine, geranium…
- There is nothing worse than an unpleasant smell from the refrigerator! First of all, of course, you need to remove the source of this smell, wash the refrigerator and then put it in the refrigerator. a piece of gauze or porous stone dipped in just one drop of lavender or lemon oil… See also: 10 popular recipes for unpleasant smell in the refrigerator.
- To remove unpleasant odors from the microwave, add to a small container of water 3 drops of lemon oil, put it in the stove and turn it on for 2-3 minutes.
Get rid of insects – flies, mosquitoes, wasps and ants will help you with geraniums, cloves, lemongrass, mint, calamus, wormwood, juniper, lavender, thyme, sage, laurel, mountain ash, basil, eucalyptus, lemon, patchouli.
Fights cockroaches successfully hops, parsnips, bird cherry, eucalyptus.
Mice do not like the smell of elderberry, bird cherry and bay leaves.
As for waste, try not to leave the trash overnight, throw away the waste of perishable food immediately, otherwise no essential oils will help.
Aromatherapy in the bathroom
Sparkling and fragrant – this is how your bathroom should look after “aroma cleaning”.
- When will you wash sink, bath or shower, add eucalyptus, lemon, lavender angustifolia, sage or pine essential oil to the cleaning agent directly on the sponge.
- You can drop a few drops of the same oil inside. roll of toilet paper… The oil will be absorbed into the cardboard and slowly released into the air in the form of fragrant molecules.
- You can also drop 6-7 drops of oil on small terry towel and hang in the place where the dryer is located.
- You can also put it on the shelf aromatic stone with your favorite scent and renew it as needed.
And the last tip: do not overdo it in the aromatization of your home! Smells should not be obtrusive and in no case should they interrupt the natural smells of freshly baked pies or a bouquet of lilacs on the table.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!