How to iron things quickly without an iron
Sometimes situations arise when you need to look dignified and presentable, but the conditions do not allow ironing clothes. This happens when a person is far from home, or household appliances break down. The problem seems insoluble, because everyone knows that you cannot do without an iron, and wrinkled clothes do not paint anyone.
But don’t panic prematurely! We offer express ironing methods.
The content of the article:
- Express steam ironing
- Ironing with water
- Ironing with a hair tong
- Ironing with a light bulb
- Ironing with a metal mug
- How to iron fabric under the press
- How to make things look ironed
- How to avoid ironing
Express steam ironing
This is the first thing that comes to mind when puzzled by the question of ironing things without an iron. But not everyone knows how to do it correctly.
First of all, focus on the size of the thing, and only then choose the appropriate method:
It is easier to iron clothes of impressive sizes (coats, suits, dresses, trousers) over the steam of hot water in the bathroom.
To do this, fill the tank with boiling water. Hang the item on a coat hanger and place it over the bathroom. Carefully smooth out any wrinkles.
Leave the room and try not to enter there for 30-40 minutes (it is better to do this in the evening – by the morning the clothes will be ironed).
2. A saucepan with water
Suitable if the item is small. So it will be possible to iron T-shirts, tops, skirts, shorts.
Boil water on the stove and hold the blouse or skirt over the steam.
Note that the method is not as effective as steaming over a bathtub.
Use a regular kettle if you need to iron without an iron, and the hotel conditions do not allow you to use the bathroom, and there is no stove at hand.
When the kettle boils, steam erupts from its spout – over this stream we hold the crumpled thing, smoothing out every crease.
Ironing with water
To understand how to iron a thing without an iron, just remember the old, grandfather’s methods.
It can be done:
- Using a spray bottle.
- Hands soaked in water.
- With a towel.
Please note that after such ironing, things will have to be dried. That is, it will take additional time.
1. Iron with a spray bottle or palms
- Spread the garment out on a flat surface, straightening out any wrinkles.
- Moisten it with water (dip it in your palm or use a spray bottle).
- Then hang up your dress or trousers – and wait for the clothes to dry out.
Experienced housewives recommend using special solutionconsisting of 9% vinegar and regular fabric softener.
- Mix the liquids in equal proportions.
- Pour into a spray bottle – and apply to clothing.
2. Iron with a wet towel
- We take a towel of a large enough size and moisten it in water.
- We carefully lay out the thing on its surface. Straighten any bumps and wrinkles.
- Wait for all wrinkles to be smoothed out.
- Hang the clothes on a hanger and dry.
Ironing with a hair tong
A rare lady will not bring hair tongs with her on a trip. They will help out when ironing without an iron is required.
With the help of this device, small wardrobe items are perfectly ironed:
- Tops and more.
The curling iron will cope with the arrows on the trousers. So the recommendation will be relevant for men as well.
Important! Wipe the tongs with a damp cloth before use to remove any residual hair products. Otherwise, stubborn stains may remain on clothing.
- Plug in the appliance and heat it to the optimum temperature.
- Pinch a piece of clothing between the pieces of forceps. Let it sit for a while. Do not overdo it, otherwise there will be scorch marks.
- Do this with the whole thing, smoothing section by section.
Ironing with a light bulb
The method will help if you need to iron a small part of the wardrobe, for example, a tie, scarf or neckerchief.
- The bulb is unscrewed from the cartridge in a heated state and a thing is wrapped around it. Keep it for a while.
- Wrap the rest of the garment if necessary.
Attention! We recommend using gloves. There is a great risk of burning hands.
Ironing with a metal mug
This method was still used by soldiers when it was required to iron the sleeves of shirts or collars.
- Boiling water is poured into a metal mug, and the container is placed on the unironed surface of the fabric. After a while, move the dishes to the side. In this way, it is possible to iron out small areas of the material.
- Press down on the mug to achieve a greater effect.
- When the boiling water has cooled down, fill the container with fresh, hot liquid.
Instead of a mug, you can take any metal dish: frying pan, ladle, dish. It is important to the bottom of the container was clean…
How to iron fabric under the press
This method can hardly be called fast, but the effect is obvious.
So let’s get started:
- Take a wardrobe item and slightly dampen it with water.
- Fold the mattress out of the bed.
- Gently spread the item on the bottom of the base.
- Place a mattress on top.
The item will look ironed after 2-3 hours. This can be done at night if you know that an important event awaits in the morning, and there will be no opportunity to use the iron.
Stretching as a method of express ironing of things
Ironing option is suitable for T-shirts, blouses, shirts or tops made from non-natural fabrics. Flax or cotton cannot be ironed in this way.
- Take a T-shirt or blouse and stretch it out to the sides. Do not overdo it, otherwise you ruin the thing.
- After that, iron it with your palms soaked in water.
- Shake the shirt, fold nicely and evenly.
How to make a garment look ironed after washing
Some housewives are familiar with ways to achieve the ironing effect without using an iron. The secret lies in proper drying and subsequent styling.
- As soon as the thing is washed, well shake her… Be careful not to wrinkle.
- Hang it on a hanger and check again for creases.
- Leave to dry, but do not over-dry your clothes.
- Then roll it up while it is slightly damp, gently joining sleeve to sleeve, edge to edge.
- Leave to dry.
If you wash in automatic machine, use the “light ironing effect” mode. This way things will wrinkle less.
If you erase by hand, do not wring out the product. Hang up and let the water drain. After a while, shake the item and hang it on a hanger or lay it out on a flat surface to avoid wrinkling.
Big things – for example, bed linen, tablecloths or curtains – just fold straight after washing. Then you don’t have to iron them. If an iron suddenly breaks in the house, it is quite possible to do without it for a while. Duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases will look ironed, no one will notice that the hostess has not used the iron.
These guidelines will help you get your clothes ready for use, even if they are wrinkled in the suitcase.
How to avoid ironing on the road, hotel, at home
This is, indeed, the most affordable and easiest way to avoid subsequent ironing. It is ideal for people who often have to leave home.
If you are one of them, take on tricks:
- Choose your wearable properly. It is clear that it is preferable to wear clothes made from natural fabrics. But it has significant drawbacks – it wrinkles quickly and is poorly ironed. Therefore, for business trips, choose a wardrobe that includes several suits made of wrinkle-free fabrics: the choice on the shelves of modern stores is great.
- Pack your things in your suitcase according to the video instructions. There are many of them on the Internet.
- Bring some coat hangers with you. After arrival, hang up your wardrobe, do not leave it in your suitcase. If any thing is still wrinkled, use one of the suggested methods immediately. So the fibers of the fabric will not have time to fix, and it will be much easier to deal with the folds.
- Wash clothes correctly: do not wring, do not twist. Use the special mode if you prefer to wash in an automatic machine. Hang the laundry carefully, making sure there are no creases.
- If you don’t have a coat hanger close at hand, hang the laundry on the line. But remember – you can’t use clothespins. Creases from them are difficult to iron.
- Knitted clothes – sweaters, cardigans, skirts – leave to dry on a horizontal surface, even a table top will do. So the products will not only not be crumpled, but also will not stretch.
These simple guidelines will help you look dignified and presentable, even if you have difficulty using the iron.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!