Summer is the time of the sea, fruits, beaches, sundresses – and, of course, sandals. If in winter, many of the fair sex can still afford a not too thorough pedicure, then in the summer the legs should be just perfect. The most common problem during this period is the problem of rough skin on the heels, which, alas, cannot be hidden even with a beautiful varnish on the nails.
How to return smoothness to your heels, and what you need to know about the secrets of caring for them?
The content of the article:
- Causes of rough skin and cracked heels
- Cleansing your heels at home
- 7 popular recipes for soft and smooth heels
- Heel Care – Prevention of Cracks
Causes of rough skin and cracked heels – why are heels stiff?
No matter how we dream of smooth heels – unfortunately, after a certain age, our heels suddenly lose their childish tenderness and softness by themselves.
Moreover, sometimes the heels remain rough even with intensive and regular grooming.
What is the reason for this, and what are the true causes of rough skin on the heels?
- Lack of proper care.
- Drying of the skin. The reason is inherent not only in the summer period: sometimes this happens in winter when the air in the apartment is dry.
- The wrong shoes. As you know, tight and low-quality footwear contributes to the disruption of the water-fat balance of the skin and its injury. In addition, materials that are unnatural and harmful to the skin can cause irritation, allergies, excessive sweating and, as a result, dry skin.
- Improper nutrition. Lack of vitamins always affects the skin with cracks, dryness, irritation and other manifestations. Rough heels are often found in girls who are constantly dieting. The basics of nutrition for beauty and health
- Excessive heel care. Yes, it happens! For example, in the case of too frequent and intensive peeling, which takes time to regenerate the skin (more often than once a week, this procedure is not recommended).
- Water too hard in the water supply.
- Frequent hypothermia – or, on the contrary, overheating of the legs.
- The use of low-quality cosmetics (including soaps and gels).
Video: How to make your heels soft and smooth?
Possible medical reasons:
- Fungus. The most common cause of dry and rough skin with cracks. Unfortunately, the fungus manifests itself not only with these symptoms, and in the absence of proper treatment, the legs acquire a very unsightly appearance, which is also accompanied by itching, sweating and other troubles.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus. In this case, it is very difficult to deal with skin problems, and you cannot do without the advice of a specialist.
- Endocrine system problems. Aesthetics (heels, in this case) are resolved after (or simultaneously) with treatment.
- Obesity. With this disease, the full blood supply of the lower extremities and their connection with the central nervous system are disrupted, the skin on the feet becomes thinner, and there is a tendency to cracking the skin.
- Psoriasis. With this disease, the entire immune system works poorly, and you cannot get rid of the roughness of the skin on the heels with creams and hygiene alone – an integrated approach is needed.
It is important to understand that serious problems with the skin of the feet can be very alarming. Therefore, in the case when you cannot cope with cracks on your own, and the accompanying symptoms cause you inconvenience, it makes sense to contact a dermatologist and therapist.
Types of pedicure – which one to prefer?
Proper cleansing of the heels at home – instructions
Taking care of your heels in a beauty salon is a pleasant experience. But not everyone has the money, time, and desire for salons.
And it is much easier to take care of the heels at home. Especially if you know exactly how.
First, steam the legs in a bath.
It is recommended not to neglect this stage of care, because it is the baths that help to quickly soften the skin for easy removal of dead cells, nourish and moisturize the heels.
And if you also arrange a foot massage before the bath, the result will be even more amazing, pleasant and long-lasting.
The massage can be replaced with the usual walking on a hard massage mat or with the feet of peas, balls, etc.
Which bath to choose? Best recipes:
- Dairy. Rub the classic baby soap on a coarse grater, add 1 tbsp / l of shavings and 0.5 liters of lukewarm milk to the bowl, then hot water. We hold the legs until the water cools down.
- Herbal. We take 1 tbsp / l of dry herbs: oak and chamomile bark, celandine and calendula, St. John’s wort. Pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist for a day, and in the evening pour the strained broth into a bowl and dilute with boiling water.
- Soda and soap. For 1 bowl – ½ cup of soap shavings and the same amount of soda, plus boiling water. We keep the legs for about 10 minutes.
- Citrus. 2-3 hours before the procedure, we brew citrus peels in boiling water, and then simply add the broth to the water, plus 1-2 drops of orange essential oil.
- Nettle. In a bowl of hot water – 1 liter of nettle broth (from 2 tablespoons / liter of dry nettle).
- Oil. Aroma bath for feet and soul. For 1 bowl – 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil.
If you have time for your daily heel-care routines, it is better to use scrubs instead of files and pumice stones to exfoliate rough skin. They act more gently (a thick layer of coarse skin cannot be removed), but with regular use of scrubs, the dream of “a baby’s heel” becomes a reality.
You can cook scrubs at home with your own hands if you want to save on store funds – which, by the way, often contain harmful components.
Important! We apply the scrub only on the already steamed feet, and after the massage with the scrub we leave the mixture on the heels for 7-10 minutes – that is, we are not in a hurry to wash it off.
- Sugar and butter. Mix 1: 2 olive oil and sugar, apply to feet, massage.
- Coffee with sea salt. Mix 1: 1 in a tablespoon – coarse sea salt and coarse ground coffee, add 2 tbsp / l of kefir, apply, massage.
- Cocoa with sugar. For 2 tsp of sugar – 1 tbsp / l of cocoa (not nesquik, but normal confectionery cocoa powder) and milk for the bunch. We mix, apply, massage.
- Citruses with salt. For 1 tbsp / l of fine salt – peel of 1 orange, ground in a blender.
- Salt with honey… For 2 tablespoons of honey – 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- Sand with sour cream. If you live by the sea, then this option is for you. In the absence of sea sand, we take the usual one. For 1 handful of sand – 2 tbsp / l of fat sour cream. We mix, apply, massage.
- If there is no scrub (or doing it too lazy), then we use a file after the bath to remove the hardened skin. It is advisable to use only the fine-grained side: coarse sanding of the heels contributes to the appearance of scratches, cracks – and even greater dryness. Smoothness and tenderness of the heels are given only by regular procedures with an easy and non-traumatic scrubbing effect.
- It is strongly not recommended to use pumice. Firstly, they injure the skin of the feet, and secondly, they are a source of bacteria growth.
- When using a file, first grease dry heels with cream and wait for absorption – so the procedure will be more effective.
- We use a slightly damp file, but not three heels under water! We grind the heels until the hardened skin is completely removed.
- Now rinse the legs in warm water, wipe dry, grease generously with fat cream and put on cotton socks.
At least 2-3 such procedures per week – and you will not be ashamed to put on open shoes outside.
- Cracked heels they should be treated with a disinfectant immediately after the procedure, and only the cream should be used that contains components that promote the healing of cracks (for example, salicylic acid).
- It is not recommended to cut off rough skin and calluses! Such a procedure will only accelerate the regeneration of injured skin, which will regain its “protective roughness” even faster. Use gentle means and methods – regularly and competently, and the effect will pleasantly surprise you.
7 popular recipes for soft and smooth heels – how to make baby-like heels quickly at home?
There are a huge number of recipes for a quick return to the heels of smoothness today.
But it is worthwhile to understand that if you haven’t worked on your heels for a month, then you will simply not be able to return their blooming look “like from the cover” in 1 procedure.
The most popular home remedies for heel smoothness are:
- Steam your feet in the bath for 15 minutes, wipe them off, massage with cream, process with a soft dry grater. Next, take a warm shower, wipe it dry again and apply a pre-prepared mixture: 1 tbsp / l of starch, 1 tbsp / l of lemon juice, 1 raw yolk. Now we wrap the legs with foil for a couple of hours, or better for the night. All you have to do is to remove the exfoliated skin with a light file, rinse the legs under the shower and, after drying, grease with cream.
- We wrap the feet with plates of fresh zucchini and fix with foil for 2 hours. Then rinse the legs, dry, file with a file, grease with cream.
- We heat olive oil (about 100 ml) in a water bath, add a piece of beeswax, then 1 tsp each of sea buckthorn oil and glycerin. Apply the warm mixture to steamed and dried feet, leave it under cotton socks overnight. We store the mixture in the refrigerator (you can also smear it cold).
- We cook not too thick oatmeal without sugar and salt, cool it and apply it lukewarm on the feet. We fix it with a film, on top – socks, after an hour wash off, dry the legs and grease with a fat cream.
- Mix honey and olive oil in half, apply on the feet, fix with a film, wash off after 2 hours, process the legs with a file, then, according to the usual scheme, shower, towel, cream.
- We brew strong green gulls, filter and steam the legs in a bath with this broth. The brewing itself further (immediately after the bath) – in a film and around the feet for a couple of hours. Then rinse your feet, dry, apply cream.
- Mix oatmeal with milk (5 tbsp / l – 1 handful) and crushed aloe leaves. Apply the mixture to the feet, fix with foil for 2-3 hours. Next, we process with a file, rinse, dry and grease with a fat cream.
How to restore softness to the heels – pharmacy remedies
For the treatment of cracks and softening the skin in modern pharmacies – a lot of drugs.
- Sea wolf (nourishes, moisturizes, restores).
- Bepanten (softens, heals).
- Calendula ointment (heals, softens, tightens cracks).
- Salicylic ointment (heals).
- Balzamed (moisturizes, nourishes, protects).
- Radevit (stimulates skin regeneration, removes inflammation).
- Lamisil (against infections and fungus).
- BioAstin (against fungus and infections).
- Zazhivin (from cracks).
- Ambulance (heals, softens).
- And etc.
Video: How to make your heels soft and smooth – caring for your heels at home
Heel care – how to prevent cracks and rough skin on your heels and feet?
The main recommendations include simple and clear rules of care and lifestyle:
- We wear the right shoes.
- More often we walk barefoot on grass and pebbles, we massage our feet.
- We use gentle abrasive products.
- We regularly apply a rich nourishing cream (preferably at night).
- We follow the diet and personal hygiene.
- We wear slippers in swimming pools, saunas and other public places.
- We avoid synthetic materials when choosing shoes.
- We use washable rugs in the bathroom.
- 2-3 times a week (ideally – every day) we make foot baths (warm! Not with hot water!) And use a scrub.
- After the bath and a regular bath, be sure to pour cool water on the legs. Especially before bed.
- Always dry feet and toes after the bath.
- We do not use coarse pumice stones, sanding stones and blades.
- After each procedure, we treat the applied file with a disinfectant solution (or at least wash it with soap and pour boiling water over it).
In the summer, we intensify the intensity of heel care.
Heel spur – causes and treatment
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article – we hope it was useful to you. Please share your feedback and advice with our readers!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!