Is it possible to clean the kidneys at home, and how to do it correctly – certified doctors, specialists, experts from the Bologny magazine will help us to understand the issue. The opinion of experts does not replace medical advice; before any actions to cleanse the body, you must contact a specialist for an individual consultation.
Laboratory diagnostics doctor Nadezhda Bezemskaya talks about home kidney cleaning
It is possible to cleanse the kidneys at home. However, home kidney cleansing is always a big risk and stress for the body. Patients hope that, thanks to lemon juice and oil on an empty stomach, they gently remove calcium deposits (stones and sand) from the kidneys. However, in reality, these are very dangerous experiments with health, which often end up in hospitalization and an operating table.
All kidney cleansing procedures should be carried out according to indications, under the supervision of a specialist and in a hospital. Healthy kidneys and liver independently cope with their functions, they do not accumulate anything. In this case, “prophylactic” cleansing of the kidneys with lemon oil on an empty stomach will be a blow to the pancreas, liver and stomach, and no benefit can be expected.
If there are already problems with the excretory pathways, such cleaning can dislodge existing deposits and cause severe pain and inflammation.
Why are home kidney cleanses dangerous? A frequent consequence is renal colic, which are accompanied by acute sharp pain. The stone moves, tears the mucous membrane, small vessels. Blood in the urine is characteristic. The condition requires immediate medical attention. If you have kidney problems, the only sure thing is to see a nephrologist.
Why is it necessary to cleanse the kidneys?
The kidneys, like the liver, in the human body perform the function of a filter, removing toxins and harmful substances from the blood. Improper nutrition, ecology, predisposing genetic factors, metabolic disorders, and other human diseases weaken the kidneys, clogging them with harmful “waste” and mucus.
Not all kidney substances have time to be excreted in the urine, and therefore some of them remain in the renal pelvis and ducts, eventually forming sand and stones. “How to clean the kidneys?” – doctors often hear. However, everyone who wants to do this should know about such a contraindication as kidney stones.
Stones are the worst thing that can happen to the kidneys, because they block the outflow for urine, cause pressure sores in the renal pelvis, sometimes reach incredible sizes and can only be removed by surgery. That is why it is necessary from time to time to cleanse the kidneys, removing from them the still easily soluble “sand” and mucous plugs.
You might be interested in: How to cleanse the intestines at home correctly? Effective methods – we cleanse the body and lose weight
Signs of kidney slagging
It is recommended to clean the kidneys regularly, 1-2 times a year, to prevent stone formation in these organs. A person may know it is time to take care of their kidneys when they show the following symptoms:
- Swelling under the eyes in the morning or during the day.
- Dull, aching or stabbing pains in the lumbar region, groin, lower abdomen, sacrum.
- Joint pain, limitation of joint mobility.
- Frequent urination, including at night.
- Very rare and scanty urination.
- Turbid urine, mucus impurities, blood in the urine.
- Pain when urinating.
- Hyperhidrosis (sweating)
- A sharp deterioration in vision, pain in the eyeballs (increased intraocular pressure).
- Frequent headaches.
- Weakness with cold sweat.
Since some of these signs may indicate serious kidney disease, during which in no case can you self-cleanse the body, you need to visit a doctor, take the necessary tests, undergo an examination, and, if necessary, a course of treatment.
Contraindications for cleansing the kidneys
- Urolithiasis disease.
- Pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, cystitis, kidney cyst, other kidney and bladder diseases.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Menstrual bleeding.
- Postoperative conditions, condition after heart attack, stroke, bleeding.
- Adenoma in men, other diseases of the prostate gland.
How to prepare for a kidney cleanse at home? We follow the rules
- You can clean the kidneys at home only after cleansing the liver and intestines.
- In order to carry out the procedure for cleansing the kidneys, you must first organize your regime, switch to dietary food, best of all – vegetarian.
- It is necessary to eat as much raw fruits and vegetables as possible. No need to eat nuts, dried fruits, white bread, refined cereals, chocolate, confectionery, baked goods.
- As a drink, you must use freshly squeezed juices, green tea without sugar, decoctions of diuretic herbs, pure spring (or melt) water.
- In preparation for cleansing the kidneys, it is recommended to limit the intake of protein – meat, dairy products, soy, legumes.
- It is necessary to add spices to dishes that can “warm up” – ginger, cinnamon, onion, garlic, cloves, hot peppers.
- Before the procedure, it is necessary to consult a doctor, undergo an ultrasound scan in order to exclude the presence of stones in the kidneys, bladder and ureters, as well as inflammatory diseases of the kidneys and bladder.
- For a week before cleaning the kidneys, you need to take hot baths daily, preferably with the addition of 2-3 liters of horsetail decoction to the water (for 1 liter of boiling water – 1 handful of herbs, brew in a thermos for half an hour). If there is a bath, take a steam bath every day, applying hot birch or nettle brooms to the kidney area.
- On the days of preparation for cleansing the kidneys, you need to increase your physical activity – do physical exercises, walk a lot, jog, and dance.
When is the best time to cleanse your kidneys?
Although kidney cleansing at home can be performed at any time of the year – it depends on the method chosen, experts recommend that you still perform this procedure. in early spring, during the period of Great Lent, as well as in the middle of autumnto prepare the body for winter.
Effective home remedies for kidney cleansing
1. Lingonberry and cranberry
For this method, you need to use fresh or frozen berries, three kilograms. The meaning of the method is that every day, immediately after waking up, you need to eat one glass of lingonberries or cranberries for fifteen days. Berries can be poured with a teaspoon of honey. These berries are also good for food throughout the year.
2. “Kidney tea” – herbal cleansing
For this method, it is recommended to stock three hundred grams of herbs that have diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties (birch buds, birch leaves, lingonberry leaves, nettle, juniper, black elderberry, oregano, highlander, horsetail, bearberry, half-fallen, dill, tricolor violet).
These herbs can be brewed one at a time, or better, in a mixture of two to five ingredients. Every day, you need to prepare a decoction of herbs for a day: for this, pour three tablespoons of the mixture into a thermos, pour half a liter of boiling water, insist for 40 minutes – one hour. One glass of tea should be drunk in the morning immediately after waking up, on an empty stomach, the second glass – before going to bed, not earlier than 3 hours after dinner. You can add a teaspoon of honey to tea. The purification course is three weeks.
3. “Vitamin tea” – cleansing the kidneys with a decoction of rose hips
For this method, it is necessary to grind dry rose hips on a coffee grinder. Every day in the evening, you need to pour five tablespoons of ground fruits in a thermos with half a liter of boiling water. The next morning after waking up, you need to drink a glass of tea. Another glass of tea should be drunk at night. Cleansing course – two weeks…
4. Cleansing the kidneys with watermelon – easy and affordable
This cleansing is naturally best done during the ripening season of the watermelon. It is necessary to buy watermelons from reliable stores in order not to get poisoned by chemicals and pesticides. Since the excretory function of the kidneys is most active in the evening, in the period from 17-00 to 20-00, in the morning it is necessary not to eat anything except watermelons. During the day, you need to eat watermelon as much as you can, without limitation.
From 17-00 you need to prepare a hot bath for yourself; it is better to put a baby pot next to the bathroom. You can continue to eat the watermelon in the bathtub. As soon as there is a desire to empty the bladder, you can do this in a pot, then sit back in a hot bath.
It is recommended to sit in the bathtub from 1 hour to 2 hours, and if you urge to urinate, go to the potty. This method of cleansing the kidneys is not suitable for those people who have grade 3 hypertension, heart disease, varicose veins, and thrombophlebitis. Cleansing the kidneys with watermelon must be done one session a year, three times every other day…
5. Flaxseed is a versatile and effective cleanser
This method of cleansing the kidneys is good because it is “soft”, gentle, it does not cause unpleasant sensations. To prepare the mixture, you need to take five tablespoons of flax seed, four tablespoons of dry birch leaf, one spoonful of knotweed and horsetail. Stir the mixture well, transfer to a dry glass jar.
To prepare the broth for a day, you need to pour three tablespoons of the mixture into a thermos, pour half a liter of boiling water, insist for one to two hours. One glass of broth should be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach, the second glass – in the evening, before bedtime. The course of kidney cleansing is five days. In the first year, such cleansing can be performed once every two months, it is very beneficial for the body as a whole.
6. Oats – “master” of kidney cleansing
This method is best done at the same time as cleansing the kidneys with herbal “kidney” teas. The procedure requires whole grains of oats, preferably in a shell. For ten days you need to drink an infusion of herbs, brewing two tablespoons of their mixture for a day with one glass of boiling water in a thermos. In the morning and before going to bed, you need to drink half a glass of broth.
To prepare oatmeal jelly, you need to pour three glasses of washed oats with cold water so that it covers the cereal a little, put it on the fire. Bring to a boil, then simmer for three hours over low heat. You can add water to the mass to avoid burning.
When the oats are boiled, you need to rub it hot through a sieve, or better – use a blender to prepare a homogeneous substance.
This jelly should be eaten half a glass up to four times a day, you can add a little honey to the mass. This cleansing is best done in the spring when the body needs vitamins. Cleaning the kidneys with oatmeal jelly and a decoction of herbs should be performed for ten days.
7. “Vitamin Broom” for the kidneys – cleaning with dill and parsley
For this cleaning, you need to have two large bunches of dill and parsley, as well as one liter of freshly squeezed apple juice. For one day, you need to eat only parsley and dill, dividing it into five parts, and drink apple juice. At night, you need to drink a glass of clean water so that toxins continue to dissolve and be removed from the kidneys. The next day, in the morning, you need to do a cleansing enema.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!