Time does not stand still and more and more improved models of irons with additional functions appear on the home appliance market. And the very concept of “iron” has lost its original meaning.
Let’s try to understand the existing models of steam generators, and also learn how to choose the right model for your taste and needs.
The content of the article:
Household steam generator for clothes
Household steam generator intended for ironing and cleaning without the use of cleaning agents of any fabrics and clothes. At the same time, the result is excellent, and the process is extremely simple and takes very little time…
- flawlessly smoothes all fabrics with a powerful jet of steam;
- cleans and removes stains from the surface of the fabric;
- Removes any stains from carpets, including red wine, blood, juice and coffee stains;
- cleans tiles and plumbing.
Operating principle: The steam generator produces dry steam with a temperature of 140 to 160 ° C. With its help, it becomes possible to perfectly iron any materials from textiles and remove various types of dirt from clothes, carpets, tiles and tiles.
See also: Types of ironing boards for the home – which ironing board do you choose?
Types of steam generators:
- steam generators equipped with a separate boiler for steam generation;
- steam generators with the function of instant steam generation, in which a certain amount of water is supplied to a hot heating element, and steam is instantly generated;
- steam generators with water pumping from one cold water boiler to another, in which steam is generated.
How to choose a steam generator?
The choice of steam generators depends on the intended operating conditions. If it is necessary to reduce the time for the cleaning and ironing process, then a steam generator is suitable, which instantly converts water into steam. Such steam generators are very convenient to operate, since there is no need to wait for the boiler to boil. You can start working in a couple of minutes after connecting.
However, the highest quality steam is produced by steam generators with a separate boiler. The preparation time for such an apparatus is quite long, but the resulting steam has the highest temperature.
As they say, in every barrel of honey there is at least one fly in the ointment. So, some consumers prefer to use a regular iron in the old fashioned way. The steam generator, due to its large size, high cost and high maintenance cost, is not in demand with them.
Feedback from steam generator owners:
I am the owner of the steam ironing system LauraStar made in Switzerland. I read a lot of reviews about steam generators and ironing systems. Many thanks to the consultant girl who simply convinced me that a person who sews all the time needs this system.
I share my impressions of the system. I chose the Magic S 4. The time that I spent on ironing with a simple steam iron is incomparably longer. In some fabrics, it was necessary to put a piece of Whatman paper under the seam so that it would not be printed. And here I ran the iron, looked at the face – nothing! But again, time will tell, maybe you got lucky with the fabric? You can iron the bar with buttons, turn the shirt over with the buttons down, the buttons “sink” into the soft backing and boldly move along the bar, the buttons will not melt, and the bar is perfectly ironed.
I have Philips GC 8350 3 years already. I don’t know what the anti-scale cartridges are, but the model is not blocked. About a month later, just when you are in a hurry and there is only one clean white shirt, this iron begins to spit brown bubble foam, which immediately solidifies with beige spots on the fabric. Disposable only by repeated washing. Especially “gets” when the whole shirt is ironed, and the foam comes at the very end. There is no self-cleaning mechanism in this model, you have to pour boiling water directly into the boiler, shake this not light device in your hands, and then pour it into a basin. A month later – again problems with scale.
The steamer is good at smoothing out creases and other irregularities in the fabric with a powerful steam jet. Under the influence of high-temperature steam, the fabric fibers do not stretch, as under the influence of a conventional iron, but become bulky and elastic. The steam in the steamer is heated to a temperature of 98-99 ° C. This prevents damage to fabrics and does not form creases or glossy spots on knitwear, wool, synthetic fibers. The steamer works in a vertical position. Things are smoothed out flawlessly. There is no need to use an ironing board.
The device is ready for operation almost immediately after being plugged into the network. The indisputable advantage of the steamer is possibility of continuous steaming for a long period of time. Also it is impossible not to mention about compactness and lightness of the device… Light weight and the presence of transport wheels allow you to easily move the steamer, which is important when working in a sales area or production workshop.
- ironing even the most wrinkled fabrics requiring different ironing temperatures, in an upright position;
- removes the unpleasant smell of things that arose after transportation and fitting;
- kills pathogenic microflora, eliminates dust mites, perfectly cleans upholstery.
Operating principle: The steamer produces moist steam with a temperature of 98-99 ºC, which smooths out any creases and wrinkles in the fabric. Distilled water must be poured into the water container. The steamer is ready for use within 30-40 seconds after plugging in. Steam is supplied continuously under pressure, which makes it possible to quickly iron any thing.
Reviews from forums from steamer owners:
I work as a dry cleaner and we use an iron Italstream… We like its lightness, compactness and low cost. He can even handle products with rhinestones, beads and other trimmings, since the steam does not spoil it. Most often we use a steamer to iron curtains and pastel linen. Copes well with synthetic fabrics. However, there are also disadvantages: the inconvenience is that the steamer operates exclusively on distilled water. In addition, it does not steam very well on cotton fabrics.
And I bought Digital steamer… I was told that the Digital steamers, unlike the Grand Master, have brass barrels. The Grand Master steamers are made of plastic, so they break quickly. I’ve been using it for a year now, I’m happy with everything.
Iron with steam generator
Steam generator irons (ironing systems, steam stations) combine an iron and a steam generator boiler. Designed to smooth all fabrics, both outerwear and bed linen. Also used for cleaning furniture upholstery, removal of lint and unpleasant odors from the surface of the fabric.
See also: How to descale and burn your iron – the best home remedies for cleaning the iron soleplate.
- smoothes any fabrics, cutting ironing time in half;
- the “vertical steam” function makes it possible to iron clothes in a vertical position without using an ironing board;
- cleans upholstered furniture upholstery;
- the set includes a soft brush for cleaning delicate fabrics and a hard bristle brush for cleaning rough fabrics;
- thanks to a special attachment, it removes odors from upholstery fabrics, cleans hard-to-reach folds on outerwear.
Operating principle: Before starting work, water is poured into the boiler. After connecting the device to the network, you need to wait 5-10 minutes. During this time, a pressure is created in the boiler, which allows for a constant supply of steam with a flow rate of 70 g / min. Steam under the influence of this pressure penetrates the fabric and removes the most non-ironing folds on the fabric.
Reviews from owners of irons with a steam generator:
I am very happy with my steam generator Tefal… There really is a difference compared to a regular iron. The steam is powerful, ironing and of better quality, and much faster with it, plus the process itself is more pleasant and much easier.
Bought Brown with a steam generator. I didn’t have to choose too much, because when the man saw how much they cost. his eyes widened (despite the fact that he usually reacts calmly), but I did not give up either, as a result I came across this brown, which was more expensive. I didn’t have time to try it yet, I still need to dig up instructions on the Internet … I generally respect Brown’s technique, but once there was an incident – I bought a defective iron, and it looks like this whole model with a defect (water leaked), one aunt complained that she had the same problem with the same iron. True, in exchange I bought again a more expensive brown, it works fine.
What to give preference to and how to choose the right model?
Undoubtedly, for home use most suitable steamer… It has undeniable advantages over steam generator and steam generator irons.
See also: How to iron the arrows on trousers correctly – tips for housewives.
- The ready time for the ironing process at the steamer is 45 seconds; The steam generator and the iron with the steam generator will be ready for use only after 10 minutes;
- The speed of working with a steamer is much higher than when working with a steam generator and an iron with a steam generator;
- The steamer will cope with hard-to-reach places and finished products;
- Finally, the steamer is equipped with a light handle for dispensing steam, which greatly increases the continuous operation time.
- In addition, a steamer is several times cheaper than a steam generator and an iron with a steam generator.
- The garment steamer is lighter and easier to move when needed.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!