Hair lamination is a unique procedure that allows you to restore damaged hair. If you have overdried hair from a hair dryer, irons or unsuccessful dyeing, then this cosmetological procedure can return your hair to its former beauty.
Read also: 10 Most Effective Hair Products of 2014.
The content of the article:
Benefits of hair lamination – is there any harm?
The first and most obvious question that can be asked is what is the use of this procedure and is there any harm from it?
What does this procedure give?
- Benefit. All hairdressers unanimously affirm that this procedure is harmless. Moreover, there are a lot of benefits from this procedure, since the lamination product consists entirely of natural ingredients. The product contains neither hydrogen peroxide nor ammonia, which makes it absolutely harmless. Natural substances care for hair – this property is suitable for girls with absolutely any type of hair.
- Harm. While hair care professionals say lamination is harmless, many doctors think differently. They believe that any hair covering is harmful. According to doctors, the composition of the lamination product falls off over time, taking hair scales with it. This weakens the hair shaft and your hair quickly loses its shine. Also, doctors say that hair after this procedure becomes brittle and dry, so lamination will have to be done all the time. Also, do not forget – any interference with the natural processes of the body is fraught with trouble. But the composition of the lamination product is very gentle, so this procedure is the right choice.
Contraindications for hair lamination – who doesn’t need the procedure?
Hair lamination is a very demanding procedure. Therefore, first, find out if you can really do it.
What are the contraindications to the procedure?
- Lamination increases the weight of the hair due to the composition of the product. If your hair is dry and you know about hair loss from your own experience, then you should refuse this procedure. If the hair follicles do not sit very deeply, then there is a risk of rapid and profuse hair loss. If you still decide to do lamination, then go to the salon in advance and go through the procedures for treating hair loss.
- If you have very long hair (below the waist), then you should not do lamination, as this can lead to their loss.
- You should also forget about the lamination procedure if you have head skin diseases.… You need to consult a doctor about this and only then go to the salon.
- Do not forget that if there are open wounds, scars or abrasions on the head, then lamination should be abandoned for a period of time until all damage to the skin is healed.
Stages of the hair lamination procedure in a beauty salon – video
The hair lamination procedure is carried out from an hour to two hours.
What are the stages of this cosmetic procedure?
- Hair cleaning. First, you need to clean your hair with a special shampoo so that no dirt remains in the hair scales. They usually use shampoos that are suitable for your hair type.
- Hot phase. After the hair has been washed and dried, a special regenerating agent is applied to it, which opens the hair scales and fills in the gaps between them. Also, during this stage, the vessels on the scalp dilate. After that, a warming cap is put on the head, which will allow the nutrients to penetrate deeper into the hair structure. This stage usually takes no more than 15 minutes.
- Butter. At this stage, special oils are applied to the hair, as well as a booster (an auxiliary substance to increase the rate of penetration of nutrients). These products will restore hair from the inside and create a protective layer. This stage helps to instantly restore damaged hair.
- Cold phase. At this stage, a regenerating substance is applied to the hair, which closes the hair scales. The vessels on the scalp are also narrowed. This stage usually lasts no more than five minutes, but the result will be bouncy and silky hair.
- Lamination. This stage is aimed at the penetration of the drug elements into the porous areas of the hair and alignment of its structure. Hair instantly gains shine and silkiness. The time of this stage depends on which drug is used.
- The final. The very last step in lamination is washing and drying the head. They also do some kind of traditional styling so as not to damage the newly restored hair.
Hair lamination price in beauty salons in Moscow and St. Petersburg
We figured out what lamination is and how it is carried out.
But how much will such a pleasure cost, and what does the price depend on?
- In any salon you will be told that the price depends on the length and volume of the hair (the thicker the hair, the more expensive the procedure will cost), as well as on the quality of the lamination mixture.
- Lamination prices in Moscow fluctuate from 1500 to 5000 rubles, depending on the length of the hair. Many girls with hair below the waist, coming to the salon, cut it to the shoulder blades so that the lamination procedure is cheaper and does not cause harm.
- In the salons of St. Petersburg, you can make lamination cheaper than in the salons of Moscow. Prices fluctuate from 800 to 2500 rubles… It depends on the level of the beauty salon and its prestige.
Photo (before and after lamination)
Photo of the lamination process:
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!