Modern treatment of diabetes mellitus always takes place with constant monitoring of blood sugar levels, examination by a doctor and other necessary actions that help maintain the patient’s normal life and prevent the development of complications. As for folk recipes, of course, you cannot cure diabetes mellitus, but you can use them as an adjuvant (against the background of traditional treatment) to lower blood glucose levels and treat ulcers.
How to treat diabetes mellitus with folk remedies and whether it can be done – tell doctors gastroenterologists.
Treatment of diabetes mellitus with folk remedies: recipes to lower blood sugar
- Whip raw egg with juice of one lemon, drink 50-60 minutes before meals, 3 days, in the morning. Repeat after one and a half weeks.
- Consume in the morning baked onion, within a month. A pinch of mustard seeds or flax seeds, black currant leaves daily also helps to lower blood sugar levels.
- If you have eaten any of the prohibited foods, you should drink cuff tea (1 dl / 0.3 l boiling water).
- You can also reduce sugar fresh potato juice, raspberries, cabbage. Pear, dogwood, mushrooms, lettuce, alfalfa and peas have the same properties.
- Fill white mulberry (2 tbsp / l) boiling water (2 tbsp), insist 2-3 hours, drink 3 times a day.
- Fill oat grains (1 tbsp / l) water (one and a half glasses), boil for 15 minutes, drink 3 r / d 15-20 minutes before meals.
- An effective remedy – ½ tsp cinnamon per dayused with tea.
- Pour boiling water over (2 tbsp.) crushed blueberry leaves (1 tbsp / l), boil for 3-4 minutes, drink before meals, for 15 minutes, half a glass.
- Grind ripe oak acorns into powder, drink 1 tsp on an empty stomach in the morning and at night for a week.
- Fill walnut partitions (40 g) boiling water (500 ml), cook for 10 minutes, insist, drink 1 tbsp / l before meals (half an hour).
- Pour boiling water over (500 ml) aspen bark (2 tbsp / l), cook for 10 minutes, insist, drink half a glass before meals.
- Pour a glass of boiling water spice cloves (20 pcs), insist overnight, drink three times a day for a third of a glass. In the evening, add a dozen more to the already used cloves, pour boiling water again and insist. Next – a new infusion. The course is six months.
- Brew with boiling water (2 tbsp.) Two spoons mixtures of nettle and rowan fruits (3: 7), cook for 10 minutes, leave for 3-4 hours, drink half a glass twice a day.
- Pour a glass of boiling water burdock roots (20 g), boil in a water bath for 10 minutes, drink 3 r / day in tbsp / l before meals.
- Pour boiling water over (200 ml) Bay leaf in a thermos (9-10 pcs), leave for 24 hours, drink warm ¼ glass before meals, 6 days.
- Grate horseradish root, mix with sour milk (1:10), drink 3 r / day at st / l before meals.
How to lower blood sugar levels using folk methods – says a gastroenterologist Tatiana Filippova
If food can be attributed to “folk remedies” – then this is the only way that can be used from this area. Diet therapy is an integral part of the treatment of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Without correction of the diet, neither pills nor the introduction of insulin will give the desired effect. Nevertheless, these funds must be used when necessary.
Any other traditional medicine is not effective. Moreover, diabetes mellitus cannot be “cured”. The prescribed therapy is aimed at normalizing blood glucose levels and preventing complications. And therefore, if some sources offer means / ways to completely “get rid” of diabetes mellitus, this is an absolute delusion, which can, on the contrary, be dangerous to health and even life.
Diabetes mellitus: traditional methods of treating trophic ulcers in diabetes mellitus
Trophic ulcer is one of the complications of diabetes, which should be treated only on the advice of a doctor.
Read: Treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus – how to avoid danger?
- Insist 3 cloves of garlic in 3 cups of apple cider vinegar within 2 weeks. Moisten a clean cloth with infusion, apply to the affected area overnight.
- Apply a slice of kombucha to the affected area, covering it with a sterile bandage, at night (without polyethylene).
- Mix potato starch (1/10 l), citric acid (1/4 h / l), 50 ml water… Pour the mixture into boiling water (150 ml), remove from the stove after thickening and add the marsh cinnamon (2 tbsp / l). Insist 2-3 hours, add iodine 5% (1 h / l). Wash the ulcer with furacilin, dry it, make a compress from the mixture on top of a layer of gauze, bandage it. The course is a week, 3-4 times a day. At the same time, drink the infusion of creeper three times a day, a third of a glass (2 tbsp / l per glass of water).
- Mix fish oil (1 h / l), a bottle of penicillin, honey (10 g) and dry novocaine (2 g), apply the mixture to the affected area, bandage. Course – 3 weeks, dressing change – every 2 days.
- Apply to the affected area raw pumpkin or potatoes (after rubbing), as a compress for half an hour.
- Stir in 0.1 l of water alum powder (half a pinch, on the tip of a knife), lubricate the ulcer with a solution.
- Pour into a cup castor oil (3 vials), add a streptocide tablet (crush it) and ichthyol ointment (5 g), warm up in a water bath. After washing the ulcer, apply the mixture to a napkin, apply a compress to the wound. Do it once a day.
- Apply to treated wounds cut aloe leaves (pre-soaked in potassium permanganate for about an hour). Do compresses within 5 days.
- Apply to wounds alcohol tincture of calendula… Or calendula flowers (1 tbsp / l), rub with petroleum jelly (25 g), lubricate the affected areas.
- Sour freshly picked tomatoes cut and attach in slices to wounds, walk with a compress all day, change in the morning. The course is 2 weeks.
- Heat the pack butter in a saucepan, sprinkle 25 g of chopped propolis on its surface, cover with a lid for 12 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth (3 layers). Keep cold. Apply compresses with ointment on a napkin, leave overnight on the sore area, every night until recovery, not forgetting to treat the wound with hydrogen peroxide when changing the compress.
- Mix salt (2 tsp), chopped onion, sheep fat (1 tbsp / l), rub through a sieve, make a compress.
- Rhubarb root grate, sift through a sieve, sprinkle the wound, having previously greased the ulcer with fir oil.
Regina Shaydullina, a doctor, independent expert, spoke about the effectiveness of treating diabetes mellitus using folk methods
Currently, there is not a single proven way of treating diabetes mellitus with folk remedies. Moreover, the very use of any individual food products, decoctions, dietary supplements and other drugs may not aggravate the disease, but the time spent on ineffective treatment will already be wasted.
As with any disease, it is important to start correcting the disorders as soon as possible. The more time passes in a patient with diabetes mellitus from diagnosis to the initiation of adequate therapy, the greater the risk of numerous complications of diabetes mellitus.
The mainstay of type 1 diabetes treatment is insulin therapy and self-monitoring of blood glucose levels. Nutrition, in general, does not differ from that of a healthy person, but it is important to correlate the amount of carbohydrates consumed (bread units) with the units of insulin.
For the correction of type 2 diabetes mellitus, in addition to taking hypoglycemic drugs (those prescribed by an endocrinologist), only diet therapy is effective, which is an integral part of treatment. This is not about rigid diets that cannot be kept on a long-term basis, but about the formation of a special style of nutrition, taking into account the patient’s preferences. It is recommended to limit fats, primarily animal origin, sugars, alcoholic beverages; Carbohydrates are recommended in vegetables, whole grains, dairy products that do not contain saturated or trans fats and added sugar.
Bologny warns: self-medication can harm your health! The recipes given here are not intended to replace medication. Use all the presented tips only on the recommendation of a doctor!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!