Can you lose weight with plain water? Contrary to some skeptical opinions – yes! Losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight depends on the volume, frequency and quality of fluid you consume.
Following the rules of this water diet, you can lose extra centimeters, and at the same time improve your health – if, of course, you do not abuse water, because 5 liters of water a day will not just add benefits, but also wash out all the useful minerals from the body.
Therefore, we read the rules and lose weight reasonably:
- How much to drink? The average amount of water per day is from 1.5 to 2.5 liters. The daily norm is 30-40 mg of water / 1 kg of body weight. Although, ideally, this figure can best be determined by a personal nutritionist. Do not overuse water! It is naive to think that 4-6 liters a day will turn you into a slender fairy twice as fast (alas, there are such cases). Take care of the liver, and the whole body as a whole.
- What kind of water to use? Only water is included in the above indicated amount of liquid. Juices, coffee / tea and other drinks – separately. Coffee is generally a separate conversation – it dehydrates the body. Therefore, add another glass of water for every cup of coffee. A try to exclude sugary drinks from the diet altogether. As for the types of water itself, for the “diet” you can take melt water, boiled, medicinal mineral water without gases, as well as water with additives (lemon, mint, cinnamon, honey, etc.). Avoid all soda, including water. Lemonades are simply harmful, and carbonated water contains salts that do not contribute to the process of losing weight.
- Water on an empty stomach is one of the main rules. As soon as you jumped out of bed and put on your slippers, immediately run not to brush your teeth in the bathroom, but to drink some water into the kitchen. Don’t rush to stuff yourself with toast, oatmeal, or bacon and eggs. First – water! On an empty stomach – a glass of water at room temperature, you can with a spoonful of honey or adding a few drops of lemon juice. And only then start all your business.
- Get into the good habit of drinking a glass (cup) of water half an hour before meals. Thus, you will reduce appetite and calm the stomach, there is no need to talk about the benefits for the gastrointestinal tract. But you should not drink water for lunch / dinner – do not disturb the digestive process. You can drink 1-2 hours after a carbohydrate meal and 3-4 after a protein meal.
- The water must be exceptionally clean – no impurities or odors. Keep track of its quality.
- Drink in small sips – do not overload the liver with kidneys. It is an illusion that a bottle of water quickly “sucked out” will instantly quench your thirst. On the contrary, the slower you drink, the faster your thirst will quench. The best option is to drink through a straw.
- Does your job involve hours at the computer? Means, distract yourself with a few sips of water every 15 minutes. This will help you control your hunger without confusing it with thirst.
- Drink only room temperature water. First, cold water is not absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract, but simply “flies by.” Secondly, it stimulates hunger. While warm water satisfies hunger, calms the stomach and generally has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- If you are far from eating, but there is passion as you want, drink a glass of water – fool your stomach. And, of course, give up fatty, starchy and sweet foods. It makes no sense to wait for the result from the water “diet” if, after a glass of water, pounce on cakes with cherries, basins with Olivier and frying pans with fried chicken.
- Do not drink water from plastic – only from glassware, regularly and in small portions.
And – a wish “for the road” … The water diet is not even a diet at all, but just a few rules that help you return to your normal weight. Therefore, do not pull out your hair, bite your lips and suffer from the “severity of the diet.”
Read also: Functional foods for weight loss and health.
Treat everything with a smile, and the result will appear very soon.… And to make losing weight more pleasant, take care of the aesthetics of the process – buy beautiful glasses for water and create your own drinking tradition. For example, in an armchair to the sounds of nature from a radio, with a fruit mask on his face.
Have you ever had a water diet? And what were the results? Share your experience in the comments below!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!