Some girls bring themselves to swoon with crazy diets, focusing on skinny models on TV, others are not at all concerned with the problem of being overweight. And few people are really interested in – and what should it be, is this the norm of my weight?
And inquiring about this topic is worth not only in order to know “how much to throw off”, but first of all, to understand your own body – it is easier to prevent the problem, as they say.
The content of the article:
- Weight norm by age and height
- Quetelet index
- Weight norm by body volume
- Nagler’s formula
- Brock’s formula
- John McCallum’s method
Calculation of the norm of a woman’s weight by age and height
Modern dietetics today offers many ways (of course, approximate, and not accurate to the gram) of determining your weight rate. One of the most popular is the calculation, which is carried out based on the height and age of the lady.
How to Gain Weight for a Very Skinny Girl – Weight Gain Diet
Everyone knows that weight can gradually increase over time. And this is considered the norm. That is, those “extra” centimeters, in fact, may not be superfluous at all.
Therefore, we use a certain formula to calculate:
50 + 0.75 (P – 150) + (B – 20): 4 = your weight allowance
In this case, “B” is your age (approx. – full years), and “P” is, accordingly, height.
The Quetelet Index helps you calculate your ideal weight
Thanks to BMI (approx. – body mass index), you can draw conclusions about the lack of weight or the beginning of the process of obesity.
The calculation according to this scheme is usually carried out for adults of both sexes who have already reached the age of 18 and have not yet crossed the age line at 65…
It is worth noting that it is possible to get a false result if the “subject” is an elderly person or adolescent, a nursing or expectant mother, or an athlete.
How to find this very index?
The formula is simple:
B: (P) 2 = BMI. In this case, “B” is your weight, and “P” is your height (squared)
for instance, a girl with a height of 173 cm has a weight of 52 kg. Using the formula, we get the following result: 52 kg: (1.73 x 1.73) = 17.9 (BMI).
We evaluate the result:
- BMI <17.5 – anorexia (urgently see a doctor).
- BMI = 17.5-18.5 – insufficient weight (does not reach the norm, it’s time to get better).
- BMI = 19-23 (at the age of 18-25) – the norm.
- BMI = 20-26 (over the age of 25) – the norm.
- BMI = 23-27.5 (at the age of 18-25) – weight is over the norm (it’s time to take care of yourself).
- BMI = 26-28 (over the age of 25) – overweight.
- BMI = 27.5-30 (18-25 years old) or 28-31 (over 25 years old) – 1st degree obesity.
- BMI = 30-35 (18-25 years old) or 31-36 (over 25 years old) – obesity of the 2nd degree.
- BMI = 35-40 (18-25 years old) or 36-41 (over 25 years old) – obesity of the 3rd degree.
- BMI over 40 (18-25 years old) or 41 (for people over 25) – obesity of the 4th degree.
As you can see from the table, regardless of whether you are 19 or already 40, but the lower limit is the same for any age (within 18-65 years of age, of course).
That is, if a girl with a BMI of 17 sheds “extra pounds” from morning to evening, then, in addition to a nutrition specialist, she would not be disturbed by a mental correction specialist.
How to determine your normal weight by body volume?
If your weight according to most indicators “seems to be normal”, but nevertheless insignificant plumpness is reflected in the mirror and prevents you from eating calmly at night, then you can use another method.
If the previous method shows the presence / absence of excess fat, then using this formula, you can determine the ideality of the figure, based on waist circumference (approx. – we measure at the level of the navel).
P (waist, in cm): B (volume of the buttocks, in cm) = The value of the formula, the results of which are shown below
- Female norm: 0.65 – 0.85.
- Male norm: 0.85 – 1.
Nagler’s formula for calculating the rate of gravity
Using this formula, you can calculate your ideal height-to-weight ratio:
- 152.4 cm of your height accounts for 45 kg.
- For every inch (approx. – an inch is equal to 2.54 cm) in addition – another 900 g.
- And then another – plus 10% from the weight already gained.
Example: The girl weighs 52 kg and is 73 cm tall.
45 kg (152.2 cm) + 7.2 kg (approx. – 900 g for every 2.54 cm over 152.2 cm and up to 173 cm) = 52.2 kg.
52.2 kg + 5.2 kg (10% of the resulting weight) = 57.4 kg.
That is, the norm of weight in this case is 57.4 kg.
You can calculate the ideal weight using Broca’s formula
This is also a very interesting method that takes into account several factors at once.
First of all, one should determine your body type… To do this, we are looking for the thinnest place on the wrist and clearly measure its circumference.
Now let’s compare with the table:
- Asthenic type: for women – less than 15 cm, for the stronger sex – less than 18 cm.
- Normosthenic type: for ladies – 15-17 cm, for the stronger sex – 18-20 cm.
- And hypersthenic type: for ladies – over 17 cm, for the stronger sex – over 20 cm.
And then we count using the formula:
- Height (in cm) – 110 (if you are under 40).
- Height (in cm) – 100 (if you are over 40 years old).
- Subtract 10% from the resulting numberif you are an asthenic.
- Add 10% to the resulting numberif you are hypersthenic.
Calculation of the norm of weight according to the method of John McCallum
The formula, created by an expert methodologist, is considered one of the best.
Method based on measuring the circumference of the wrist…
- Wrist circumference (cm) x 6.5 = chest circumference.
- 85% of the chest circumference = thigh circumference.
- 70% of the chest circumference = waist circumference.
- 53% of the chest circumference = thigh circumference.
- 37% of the chest circumference = neck circumference.
- 36% of the chest circumference = bicep circumference.
- 34% of the chest circumference = shin circumference.
- 29% of the chest circumference = circumference of the forearm.
Of course, the resulting figures are average, that is, the average.
Why weight does not go away with dieting and exercise – the main mistakes of losing weight
When applying calculations, it is extremely important to understand that your ideal weight is the one at which you can live, breathe and work most comfortably.
The main thing is health!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!