Everyone has such moments when it seems that there is nowhere worse, that the emptiness inside is already forever, and that the meaning of life is irretrievably lost. How to get it back, this meaning? The answer is different for everyone, in accordance with life experience and the level of depression. One will seek the meaning of life through travel, trying to find himself in them, or at least get out of the state of melancholy. Another will drown himself in entertainment, the third will go into religion, and the fourth will buy a cat. How can you regain the feeling of fullness of life again? How to find a way out of the impasse?
- A radical change in the external image. One of the most popular options among girls who have drowned in search of the meaning of life. All available and not very affordable means are used – strict diets, a complete wardrobe change, a new hairstyle / make-up, a series of procedures in a beauty salon with a course lasting “until it lets go” and even a surgical knife. Will it help? Certainly, self-confidence will appear. And many changes in life begin with self-correction. The very changes that become links in a happy chain leading to happiness and success. Just don’t overdo it. Change of appearance and search for oneself in image experiments can become an obsession and a “drug”, which instead of calming it will bring some problems.
- In a healthy body healthy mind! And the harmony of spirit and body is impossible in the absence of physical strength. And there is a downside – the stronger the spirit (the spirit of the winner), the stronger the health. The correct way of life is like a “pill” against despondency, depression and states “what will, what bondage …”. Exercise, swimming pool, morning jogging – as a pleasant tradition, life is sport (we go where we are more drawn), healthy eating, etc. No minuses! Some solid pluses. In the process of acquiring a habit of a healthy lifestyle, even the need to search for “meaning” is lost – everything falls into place by itself.
- Shopping. Typically feminine remedy for “everything”. Any stress is relieved by shopping. Of course, a shopping trip brings a lot of positive emotions. But the danger of this option is not only in useless purchases and irrepressible waste of money, but in the emergence of a bad habit – to treat each of your melancholy with purchases. As with eating cakes or changing your image, this method has more disadvantages than advantages. Learn to heal the blues and look for yourself in what has only positive consequences and creative perspectives. Don’t let your stress pills turn into bad habits and take over you completely. This is not a “cure”, but a “respite.”
- Analysis of the situation. Take a look around. What do you see around you? Is there a roof over your head? Don’t go naked? Enough for bread and cheese? And even for a trip to warmer regions? And don’t you particularly complain about your health? So it’s time to sort out psychological problems. Locking yourself in your sink, think – what is most stopping you from living now? What would you get rid of without thinking? Eliminate sources of irritation, move away from those things and people that make you want to “lie down and fall asleep forever,” radically shake up your life and do not be afraid of anything. Most often, the state when life loses its meaning “covers” in a situation of complete helplessness or loneliness. It is within your power to change that. Just start small – understand yourself, stop watching the news that puts you into a state of suspended animation and prostration (sitting on social networks, “dying” within 4 walls, etc.), look for your inspiration.
- Creation. The easiest way to cope with the terrible beast “apathy” (as well as blues, depression and other derivatives) with the help of creativity. Everything that scares you, embarrasses you, leads you into a state of trance, annoys you, etc., should be thrown out – by creativity. Write. As you can. Sloppy, with mistakes, in the form of diaries, white poetry or memoirs – this is a powerful antidepressant that allows you not only to raise your mood and throw off unnecessary thoughts, but also to understand the meaning. The meaning of everything. Just remember that the ending should ALWAYS be positive! And draw. As you can, with what to eat – with pencils, building paints, vegetables from the refrigerator or charcoal from the stove. Draw your worries, fears, emoticons and the future, abstractions and just your state. Paper and canvas will endure everything. And grace will come to the place of emptiness in the soul. Learn to “drain” the bad in creativity and concentrate the positive from it. Pros: maybe in 5-6 years you will wake up as a famous artist or writer. For all creative people, inspiration comes from melancholy and melancholy.
- We add new colors to life. What haven’t you tried yet? Surely, you secretly dream of learning to dance a belly dance, jump from a tower into a pool, shoot (very discharging and shake up the “psyche”), sculpt jewelry or embroider on sofa cushions? Look for yours! An activity that will not only distract and calm the nervous system, but will also become a valuable experience, perspective, and the beginning of meetings with interesting people. Get out of the swamp, it’s time to act!
- Help your neighbor. The call, “set the teeth on edge”, is known to all. But in this case, we are not talking about tossing a couple of coins to an aunt with someone else’s child in the subway. It’s about real help. For many people, real help to others becomes the true meaning of life. Always remember – someone is now much worse than you. Look around. While you cherish the “meaninglessness” of your existence, someone is already helping lonely, abandoned, sick and people in difficult situations – in orphanages, hospitals, hospices, in the Ministry of Emergency Situations (and even animals in zoos and shelters). On a voluntary basis, at the behest of the heart. By doing good, a person is cleansed of unnecessary “tails”, brightens his soul, attracts joy. Start with a couple of kind words for your offenders, with an unexpected visit to your aging mother, whom you haven’t been to for a long time, with humanitarian aid to those who need it.
- Is it too quiet in your house? Isn’t it time to revive the apartment with the stomp of small feet and sonorous childish laughter? Children are the main meaning of this life. Our sequel, our footprint on the ground. The appearance of a baby (it does not matter – your own or an adopted one) changes life instantly and forever. True, if a child is only a way to get out of a psychological impasse, then it is better to wait with this “method”. The child will become salvation only if you are already ready for motherhood.
- If the maternal instinct has not yet woken up, and the desire to take care of someone is simply unbearable – get a dog. You will definitely not be bored. You are guaranteed morning jogging (a healthy lifestyle), a diet (you can’t eat a lot when such eyes are looking at you, and a long tongue constantly strives to slide over your plate), new acquaintances (girl, what kind of breed is this? Shall we walk with you too?), sincere disinterested love and devotion to the tip of the tail.
And most importantly, look for motivation. Without motivation, life rules you. Motivated – you are in control of your life.
If you liked our article and you have any thoughts about this, please share with us. Your opinion is very important for us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!