Baby high chairs – which one to choose?
As soon as the baby begins to sit on his own, mom and dad think about the time to determine for the child their own place at the table. That is, to purchase a comfortable highchair so that the baby feels like a full participant in family meals. The chair becomes a real helper for parents – in addition to feeding, it can be used as the first school desk, and also as the last “playpen” for cleaning, for example.
Study the rating of manufacturers of high chairs before buying. Types of highchairs.
The content of the article:
The folding high chair is very compact
This chair is designed for a child from six months to three years.
- Takes up little space…
- Easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Weighs just over five kilograms.
Plastic folding chair – lightweight and mobile
- Lightness and mobility…
- Convenient movement around the apartment.
- Doesn’t take up much space when folded.
- Adjustable back and seat…
- In hot weather, a child on such a chair sweats and slips.
- The table, as a rule, is not removable – it will not work to seat the baby with everyone at the table.
- The quality of the plastic, for the most part, leaves much to be desired.
Hanging high chair for compact spaces or travel
This option can help out if there is not enough space in the kitchen (room), and it will also come in handy when traveling. High chair installed with clamps (or screws) directly on the table at which the parents dine, and fixed by the weight of the crumbs, which should not exceed fifteen kilograms.
- Lack of a footrest.
- A light weight.
- Easy to transport…
- Fast attachment to any table.
- Low price…
Travel highchair for travelers
The structure that is attached straight to the chair (chair) with belts.
- Variety of models.
- Practicality and functionality.
- Attaches to any chair with a back.
- Easy to fold and unfold.
- Convenient for travel…
- The presence of seat belts.
- Removable tray table.
- A light weight.
The convertible highchair has several functions
Multifunctional highchair for toddler from six months to three to five years… It performs several functions at once – a rocking chair, a swing, a chair, etc.
- A table with sides and recesses for a glass (bottle, etc.).
- Backrest adjustment and the level of the footrest.
- Fixing the table at various distances from the child.
- Transformation in a child’s workplace (table and chair).
- Possibility of setting the height level.
- Heavy weight constructions.
- Requires a permanent place (inconvenient for moving around the apartment).
A collapsible wooden chair – an eco-friendly classic
Made from natural wood. Suitable for toddlers from six months to five years…
- Long service life.
- Environmental friendliness…
- Attractive appearance.
- Fast transformation into a desk…
- Comfortable footrest.
High chair for feeding. What to consider when buying?
Most of this children’s furniture is produced made of plastic… Although there are models that have completely metal frameworks or alloy parts… Wooden chairs are chosen mainly for environmental friendliness. Transformers for functionality. Whatever chair your parents buy, you need to remember the following:
- The chair follows still in the store check for stability and reliability all mountings. The kid is not a doll, he will spin, fidget and hang from the chair. Based on this, the choice is made.
- If the apartment allows you to move the chair from the kitchen to the room, it is preferable to take a model on four wheels with brakes…
- Mandatory safety beltto prevent the child from sliding between the table and the seat.
- Seat belts must five-point… It is better if the highchair has an anatomical protrusion, which additionally keeps the child from sliding under the table.
- To avoid pinching the fingers of the crumbs, you should check and frame – they must be rigidly fixed.
- Table top should not be jagged – only smooth surface. It is desirable with sides, so that the plate does not slide to the floor, and with the possibility of removal.
- The seat should be easy to clean…
- The safest models are those that have streamlined shape…
- It is strongly not recommended to purchase high chairs with sharp cornersso that the baby does not get hurt.
- It’s good if the chair has handles for moving it…
- If the model is not height adjustable, it is better to choose the one that fits level to the dining table…
When choosing a chair, you should also remember that how confident is the baby… If you are confident, a chair with a rigid non-adjustable back will suit him. If the spine is not yet strong, it is better to take a chair. with the ability to change the position of the back… And, of course, chairs with weak or too complex mechanisms are best avoided.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!