All children are very active and they need a place to realize their activity. The best place for this is children’s playgrounds. Most often they consist of a variety of slides and swings. In addition to the pleasure of playing, while riding on a swing, a child develops his posture, muscles of the back, arms and legs, and the vestibular apparatus.
The content of the article:
In childhood, we all loved to ride on swings and children’s slides, however, in our time they were made either of wood or metal. Although they were a little cumbersome in appearance, their strength was only pleasing. Modern children’s swings, slides are increasingly being made made of durable plastic… This material has several advantages over wood and metal. Firstly, they do not dry out and do not lend themselves to erosion, and secondly, on hot summer days they do not get very hot, like metal ones.
What kind of slides are there?
On the modern market of children’s goods, there is a wide selection of slides of various shapes and designs, which are designed for children of different ages. Let’s figure it out together for what age, which playgrounds are more suitable…
When choosing slides, it is imperative to take into account the age of the child. Depending on the age category children’s slides are divided:
- Slides for toddlers up to three years old – they are small, lightweight and compact. They can be easily transported, easy to care for and store. Such slides have a rounded edge and a gentle slope so that the child does not hit the ground while riding. Such a slide is necessarily equipped with a ladder, along which the kid can easily climb and descend it. The steps must be covered with a special non-slippery coating. For the safety of the child, there should be handrails at the top, so that the child can easily find support while at a height.
- Slides for children from three years old in height should not exceed 1.5 m, and for schoolchildren – 2.5 m. These slides should also have handrails at their top, and railings on the stairs. Slides for children from three years old can be of various shapes and types (not only straight, but also screw). In general, for older children, we advise parents to take a closer look at full-fledged play complexes for children, which can be installed both in the city playground and in their own summer cottage or suburban area.
What kind of swings are there for children?
From early childhood, our children are surrounded by swings, because this simple movement – swinging – soothes the child well. The swing is the most common element of playgrounds. Exists several varieties:
- Hanging swing – one of the most common models that children like the most. This model is often used not only on the street, but also in the house. Reliable fasteners and a comfortable chair will make your little one play.
- Balance swing – this model is designed for at least two children. But there are also such swings that are designed for a large number of children. Place soft pillows where the swing touches the ground to keep your child safe.
- Spring swing Is a comfortable seat with handrails that can be tilted in any direction by means of a spring. Such swings are most often made in the form of animals or a car. It is very important to correctly install and secure well so that the child does not get injured during the game.
When choosing children’s swings and slides, your child’s health comes first, that is, their safety, and then ergonomics, design and durability.
What swings and slides for children would you like to buy or recommend? share with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!