Coco Chanel’s life began very modestly, if not poorly (the girl lost her mother early and was brought up in a monastery shelter), but later she was able to become one of the most influential and famous designers. The icon of French style changed the whole concept of women’s fashion and offered women a casual yet stylish alternative to the austere and rather puritanical clothing of the early 20th century.
In addition to her many inventions (here one cannot fail to mention the legendary Chanel No. 5 perfume, a handbag on a chain and a small black dress), Coco was also famous for her intelligence and sharp tongue. Let her bold remarks inspire you too.
– “The best things in life are free. The next best is very, very expensive. “
“Fashion is not just about dresses. Fashion is everywhere: in the sky and on the street. Fashion is ideas; this is how we live; this is what is happening around us. “
– “To be irreplaceable, you must always be different.”
– “The most courageous thing to do is to think for yourself. And out loud. “
“I don’t have time for banal monotony. There is a time for work. And there is a time for love. There is no time left for everything else. “
– “Jewelry is a science! Beauty is a weapon! Modesty is elegance! “
“Don’t waste time banging against a wall, hoping to turn it into a door.”
– “You only live once; so you can afford to be funny. “
– “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.”
– “Fashion is passing. Only the style remains the same. “
“A girl should have two things: whoever she wants and what she wants.”
You might also be interested in: 20 quotes on development and success from Beyoncé, Ashton Kutcher, Clint Eastwood and other celebrities
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!