Colored make-up bases, concealers – how to use white, green, yellow, pink, blue primer correctly?
The make-up base can also be colored, there is a logical explanation for this. The primer is designed to restore, even out the tone of the skin of the face, giving it a healthy and excellent look. The correct use of primers solves many problems.
We will tell you what a base product is – a primer, how it works, and we will determine how to properly use different colored makeup bases.
The content of the article:
- Basic colors of make-up bases
- How color primer works
- Cons of color primers
- Rules for applying a colored base for makeup
Basic colors of primers and concealers for correction
Women already know that primers come in a variety of shades. Each color is designed for a specific location.
Let’s list what color bases are, and what problems of face correction they solve:
- White tone. Such a base brightens the skin, gives it shine and refreshes. White primer should be applied to the area of the nose, inner corner of the eyes, the outer side of the eyebrows, chin and above the upper lip.
- Beige primer… This shade can be great at masking small imperfections like acne. Thanks to the beige base, you will even out skin tone.
- Green base… It also helps to visually mask minor facial problems – for example, vascular network, pimples, redness. By the way, with a strong tan, this base will also help get rid of excessive redness. You can apply green primer on the cheeks under the eyes, in the area of the nasolabial triangle.
- Yellow tone. Perfectly hides bruises and dark circles under the eyes.
- Blue or light blue primer. This shade hides yellowness, hides a bad tan and gives a healthy glow to the skin. It is better to apply it to areas of the face where there is no oily sheen.
- Pink base… This primer color is able to give the face “porcelain”. It saves from a dull, gray complexion. It should be applied to the area around the eyes, so the look becomes more open.
- Peach shade. Great for dark skin. This base tone tackles dark circles under the eyes.
- Orange or red primer. This shade can only be used by owners of very dark or dark complexions. This remedy will help remove bruises in the eye area.
- Lilac or purple primer… It removes yellowness, brightens the face perfectly, evens out the tone.
- Reflective base… Such a primer does not mask anything, but only evens out the relief and refreshes the face. It can be used on the cheekbones.
Perhaps these are the most common primer shades used by girls. If you think that the product will have a pronounced shade, then you are wrong – the makeup base hides defects and merges with your complexion.
How does a color makeup base work and what does it consist of?
The base, or makeup base, is designed to solve the following tasks:
- Even out skin relief and tone.
- Hide, mask facial imperfections – redness, yellowness, dullness, dark circles.
- Nourish, moisturize, regenerate the skin.
- Allow further makeup to be applied smoother.
- Prolong the durability of the make-up.
- Visually rejuvenate, refresh the face, hide fine wrinkles.
As part of any base, there should be two main, active components:
- Silicone. It is this substance that makes the skin surface smooth and even, so the foundation is then easily applied, and the cosmetic products last longer. The make-up becomes more resistant.
- Pigments… These substances can be colored, pearlescent, optical. The first ones solve certain problems, which we wrote about above. The second pigments make the face fresher and more rested, while the third scatters light, giving the skin a radiant appearance.
Of course, can be added additional ingredientsthat solve minor skin problems. For example, vitamins, nutrients, moisturizers, herbal ingredients, etc. It all depends on the type of product.
Noticethat silicones do not come into contact with the skin. They practically do not cause irritation, but at the same time they perfectly smooth the scales of the epidermis. The only disadvantage of silicone is that it can clog pores.
There are ingredients that can negatively affect the skin, but they are still sometimes added to primers and make-up bases. These include: corn starch, arrowroot starch, kaolin. The fact is that these substances contain adsorbents that can cause irritation. In addition, they do not regulate the work of the sebaceous glands and clog the skin, creating a shell over the stratum corneum of the epidermis. That is, the skin will definitely not “breathe” when such products are applied!
It is worth paying attention to the composition of primers and abandoning funds with dubious compositions, otherwise, with their constant use, the skin of the face will fade and age at an incredible speed. Problems may also appear – acne, rashes, blackheads.
Cons of color primers
There are also disadvantages to using a makeup base.
Cons of color primers:
- Weighting make-up. Applying all the products that are necessary for make-up (cream, base, foundation, powder) can make it heavier. It is worthwhile to distribute funds wisely.
- The base will not mask serious problems and defects. For example, scars, age spots, severe irritation, acne cannot always be hidden with a primer. For concealment, use a concealer or concealer.
- The base does not allow skin cells to “breathe”. It is better not to use a primer during the summer period, as your face may sweat, although you will not notice it. Remember that in winter, in severe frost, the base is not suitable, as frostbite of the face can occur.
- Primer can clog pores and cause problems – blackheads, pimples, acne.
We do not recommend using the foundation for those with oily or combination skin.
Also, we do not recommend using such a basic tool for daily use.
Video: Colored Concealers for Beginners
Rules for applying color primers – a scheme for applying a base for makeup of different colors
When applying colored bases, follow these rules:
- The skin of the face should be cleansed. A tonic or any tonic will do just fine. Toner, water or facial milk – what do women choose for removing makeup?
- Then apply a day cream. Let it soak into your skin for 15-20 minutes. It is not necessary to put on a lot of cream, it may not be absorbed – and will roll off when the foundation is applied.
- Apply colored primers. Use different colors depending on skin imperfections and blemishes.
- Remember the places on the skin of the face that should be lightened or emphasized…
- Apply foundation. Note that for a perfect complexion, be sure to use a foundation. It is applied according to the same bleaching rules.
- You can mix foundation with primer. In this way, you can achieve an even smoother shade.
Pay attention to the types and composition of primers. If they are intended for oily, or combination, or skin with certain problems, then you do not need to use the cream at first.
Base and foundation products can be applied to the face with a brush or fingers. It all depends on your skill and desire.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!