Child’s age – 17th week (sixteen full), pregnancy – 19th obstetric week (eighteen full).
Obstetric week 19 is the 17th week of your baby’s life. If counted in months, then this is the middle of the usual and the end of the fifth lunar month.
The content of the article:
Feelings of a woman in the 19th week
At this time, the multiparous woman already feels well the movements of the baby.
If you are carrying your first child, you have not yet felt it stirring. Don’t worry, you may have to wait a few more weeks. But nevertheless, most often a woman already feels movements clearly, they look like pushes and tapping.
In addition to the great sensations of the baby’s movements, the expectant mother also has other sensations:
- Over the past period of pregnancy you gained about 3-5 kg in weight… And now you feel very replenished. But this is just the beginning, for the entire period you will gain approximately 10-11 kg, and maybe more. The expectant mother already notices how her increases breasts and buttocks… Your tummy has already reached the navel, and it is already clearly visible;
- Your hair become shiny and thick, and the skin is sensitive. During this period, you do not need to spend a lot of time in the sun and sunbathe, because age spots may appear. And also do not experiment with new cosmetics, it can cause an allergic reaction;
- Itchy skin may be felt on the abdomen… Be careful, it can cause stretch marks, so use special cosmetics to prevent them, because after childbirth it is very difficult to get rid of them.
In general, the most favorable period continues. Your usual way of life has practically not changed, even your sexual intercourse. You still go to work and carry out all the workloads that you can still handle.
And almost all the sensations that you experience can be called temporary inconvenience, namely:
- Pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis;
- Shortness of breath and choking;
- Discharge from the chest;
- Nasal congestion;
- Blood pressure drops;
- Heartburn, flatulence, constipation;
- Leg cramps
- Vaginal discharge
- Bleeding gums;
- Forgetfulness and absent-mindedness.
What happens in the body at the 19th week?
- At this time, you began to experience some discomfort associated with the growth of the abdomen. Now you will not be able to lie on your stomach at nightBesides, it is now quite difficult for you to get into a comfortable sleeping position. Many doctors recommend sleeping on your left side with a pillow under your leg and thigh;
- On the 19th week if the movement is unsuccessful, severe pain in the side may appear, most often in the right… When changing position, they quickly pass. They are caused by stretching of the ligaments of the uterus. Such pains do not pose a danger to the baby, not to the mother. Whatever they are, use a prenatal bandagewhich will also help you prevent stretch marks;
- At this time, the woman leucorrhoea may increaseThis is due to the very rapid renewal of the epithelium in the vagina and the high level of hormones. Also, a woman may begin to worry about sweating, bleeding and soreness of the gums, caries. Therefore, make a scheduled visit to the dentist. Very often, women during this period complain of ailments, dizziness, headaches and low blood pressure;
- Your total weight has already increased by about 3 kg, and maybe even more. This is due to the fact that in the early lines, due to early toxicosis, you lost a little weight. Be that as it may, from now on, nutrition plays a very important role for you, because if you eat incorrectly, you risk gaining excess weight. And also do not forget that you need to provide your baby with all the necessary substances.
Fetal development at 19th week
This is the 17th week of your baby’s life. He now weighs about 300g and is 25cm tall.
At this stage, your child’s systems and organs are at the following stage of development:
- The baby’s skin is still wrinkled, but not so red and thin.… All its folds are protected with a cheese-like lubricant. Subcutaneous fatty tissue gradually begins to form, which will become a very valuable source of energy in the first days after birth. First of all, subcutaneous fat is deposited in the neck, kidneys and chest;
- The child’s central nervous system is actively developingand, between the nerve cells, numerous connections appear, the cerebral cortex grows. Thanks to this, the child’s reflex activity becomes more complex. He moves his arms and legs, sucks, swallows, blinks, frowns, grimaces, opens his mouth and searches. The baby reacts to loud sounds, shudders with a sudden shout or noise, and calms down when a calm melody sounds or in silence;
- The baby’s digestive system is becoming more and more perfect every day.… In the intestine, the original feces begins to accumulate – myconium, which consists of peeled intestinal cells, dead cells of the skin epithelium, bile, which get there along with the ingestion of amniotic fluid;
- The kidneys of the baby are starting to work, they actively remove his urine;
- The development of the fetal lungs is nearing completion…
In general, almost all organs and systems of the baby have already formed and started to work. But still, the child has no chance of survival if he decides to be born, because he is very vulnerable. A young mother needs to carefully monitor her health, because harmful effects on the child’s body can cause the development of pathologies.
Ultrasound at the 19th week, photo of the fetus, photo of the mother’s belly
Almost all women undergo an ultrasound scan at week 19, because a second screening is done on this line. This is one of the most exciting examinations in the second trimester of pregnancy, because the size of the fetus still allows it to fit entirely on the monitor screen.
Also at this time, the doctor can tell you the exact sex of the child.
Video: What happens in the nineteenth week of pregnancy?
Recommendations and advice for the expectant mother
- At this time, many women are worried about back pain, so doctors recommend starting wear a prenatal bandage… They are of two types: bandage panties and bandage belt. The first one must be worn only while lying down, it fixes not only the abdomen, but also the uterus. The bandage belt supports the abdomen and can be worn while standing, lying or sitting. When using any bandage, it is necessary to take a half-hour break every three hours;
- Also, at week 19, it is often difficult for a woman to find a comfortable sleeping position. It is recommended to sleep on the left side, and what would be more convenient get a special pillow for pregnant women, which will later be useful to you for feeding;
- And of course don’t forget about proper nutrition, because now it depends on whether your baby will receive all the necessary microelements.
Previous: Week 18
Next: Week 20
Choose any other in the pregnancy calendar.
Calculate the exact due date in our service.
Reviews on forums and social networks:
We are at 19th week. I feel great. I don’t feel any movements yet, but I’m looking forward to them.
I feel great. I was looking forward to the first movements, and when the baby first moved, she did not immediately understand that this had happened. There was a feeling that soap bubbles were jumping in my stomach.
My back hurts a little. In a few days we will go for an ultrasound scan, I hope we will find out who will be with us.
I’m a little worried. I am already 19 weeks old, but my tummy is not growing and I do not feel any movements.
So the 19th week has begun. A week ago, I began to feel my baby. It’s just great, I’m so happy.
How do you feel in the 19th week? Share your feelings with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!