Beautifully curved eyebrows give a unique charm to a woman’s face. Unfortunately, not everyone can boast of naturally perfect eyebrows. Fortunately, their shape can be easily corrected. And for this it is not necessary to seek help from beauty salons.
How to determine your face shape?
There are a very large number of variations in eyebrow shapes, but there are only five main ones:
- Round – this shape visually softens the facial expression, helps to “hide” pronounced features;
- Curved – a rather spectacular form. It gives the face a sense of confidence;
- Straight – visually makes the face more oval and short;
- Broken eyebrows – give their owner more decisiveness. Also, a sharp break slightly rejuvenates the face;
- Eyebrows with a soft break – give the face more femininity.
In order to correctly determine which eyebrow shape is best for you, you need to establish exactly what shape your face is. To do this, you need to conduct a small test:
- Measure your face with a ruler from hair roots to chin;
- Divide the resulting number by 3;
- Measure from the bottom of your chin to the base of your nose.
- If the number that you received in the second paragraph is greater than the one that turned out in the third, then the shape of your face is most likely square and long;
- If the number that you received in the second paragraph is less than the one that turned out in the third, then the shape of your face is round or diamond-shaped;
- If these two numbers are approximately the same, your face is oval or heart-shaped.
Take our test: Test accuracy 99% – find out about yourself by the shape of your eyebrows
We select the shape of the eyebrows according to the type of face
You have already determined the type of your face, then we will give you some recommendations for choosing the shape of your eyebrows:
- For a round face – Broken brows with short tips and a high rise are best. This shape will visually lengthen your face and make it look slimmer. But do not make the kink very sharp, otherwise the eyebrows will disadvantageously emphasize the roundness of the face. You do not need to make a round shape of the eyebrows, it will further emphasize the roundness of the face.
- For an oblong face type horizontal and straight brows work best. This will make your face appear more rounded. For this type of face, eyebrows with a break are not suitable, they will strongly emphasize its length.
- For a square type of face – Highly arched or kinked eyebrows are best. They visually smooth out the massiveness of the jaw. For this type of face, thin rounded eyebrows are completely unsuitable.
- For a heart-shaped face – the ideal option would be rounded eyebrows, which will distract attention from a sharp chin. Horizontal straight eyebrows, which will upset the general balance of facial features, are completely unsuitable for this type of face.
- For a diamond-shaped face – Curved eyebrows with a peak or eyebrows with a break are best suited. This shape will visually make your cheekbones and temples look narrower. Straight eyebrows do not suit such a face at all, they will visually make it even wider.
- For oval face type – any shape of eyebrows will do. Just don’t do a very high lift at the eyebrow, it will give you an angry or surprised look.
You might be interested in: Psychologists have proven that a person’s character is associated with his face shape. Find out your type
How to model eyebrows correctly
After you have determined the type of your face and the shape of the eyebrow that suits you best, we proceed directly to the correction. In modern cosmetology, there are several ways to perform this procedure:
- Asian way – performed with a thread. The advantage of this method is its delicacy, it almost does not cause irritation on the skin. But this method requires good dexterity and skill. Correction in this way can be done independently, only at the beginning it is better to take a short course with a professional cosmetologist. Or read the literature and watch the training video to understand the essence of this method. Photo and video instructions can be easily found on the Internet.
- Correction with wax – most often it is used only in salons, at home such a procedure is rather difficult to perform. Performing it yourself, you run the risk of being left without eyebrows at all.
- Plucking with tweezers Is the traditional way of eyebrow shaping. It is quite often used both in salons and at home. After all, this method has two significant advantages: availability and simplicity. Its main disadvantage is that the removed hairs grow back rather quickly.
Since most often at home, the method is used to correct eyebrows “Plucking with tweezers”, we will dwell on it in more detail.
So, what you need to carry out this procedure:
- Eyebrow Tweezers;
- Mirror, better slightly magnifying;
- Cotton pads;
- Brushes for brushing removed hairs and styling eyebrows.
Step-by-step instructions for carrying out eyebrow correction at home:
- Determine the length of the eyebrows – for this you need to attach a ruler or pencil to the wing of the nose in the direction of the inner corner of the eye. The point of intersection of the pencil with the eyebrow, and will be its beginning. And by placing a pencil from the wing of the nose to the outer corner of the eye, you will define the end of the eyebrow.
- The highest point of the eyebrow should be the point where it arches.
- Before proceeding with the correction, thoroughly disinfect all instruments. Then pull the skin of the eyebrow to the side with one hand, and use the tweezers in the other. It is most convenient to hold the tweezers at an acute angle to the eyebrow, with three fingers – the index, thumb and middle. Each hair must be grasped at the very base and pulled out in the direction of its growth with a quick and sharp movement.
- It is necessary to pluck the hairs only from the lower side of the eyebrow, while not touching the upper part. It is necessary to pluck the eyebrows one hair at a time, even if they are quite sparse.
- After completing the procedure, treat the eyebrow and the skin around it with an alcohol solution. Follow with a soothing chamomile or glycerin cream.
We will give you some tips on how to better and less traumatic to carry out eyebrow shaping:
- Avoid eyebrow shaping if you have inflammation of the skin around your eyes to avoid infection.
- Do not pluck your eyebrows before starting your menstrual cycle, as the skin is very sensitive during this period.
- Plucking eyebrows requires good lighting, so carry out this procedure during the day by the window or by turning on a powerful lamp.
- If you overdid it while plucking, try to mask the failed area with a cosmetic pencil, only it must be in the tone of your eyebrow.
- On the outside of the eyebrow, hairs can be discolored with hydrogen peroxide. To do this, add a couple of drops of ammonia to the peroxide, and then use a cotton swab to gently apply the solution to the hairs. Wait a few minutes until you feel a slight tingling sensation, then wash off with water.
- The key to beautiful eyebrows is regular grooming. Therefore, the more often you carry out the correction, the easier this procedure will be.
Common mistakes when correcting eyebrows
What shape of eyebrows do you like? Share with us in the comments!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!