How to remove stains from furniture – 8 best folk methods
A hot mug, splashes of drinks, plain water, and unkempt craftsmen can leave ugly stains on your beautiful furniture. How to cope with them and preserve an impeccable interior, what methods to choose to deal with any stains on wood, chipboard and furniture glass, we will tell you in our article.
See also: How to clean mirrors at home is easy and simple?
How to remove stains from furniture
- How to remove a hot object stain on furniture?
If fresh, rub with a swab of vegetable oil and table salt. If old, then hold this mixture for 2-3 hours and, removing it, wipe with a woolen cloth. You can also try paraffin wax – smear over the spot and cover with a napkin, then press down with a warm iron.
- How to get rid of a greasy stain on lacquered furniture?
Wipe off with a soft cloth after soaking it in liquid mineral oil. Alternatively, use raw potatoes, found in any home. You can also use talcum powder.
- How to clean furniture from water stains?
Cover with flour and wipe it with a cloth dipped in industrial oil or vegetable oil. Or a combination of ethyl alcohol and vegetable oil, in half. Or vegetable oil in combination with table salt, leaving the solution on the surface for a couple of hours, and then wiping it with a woolen cloth. Or vegetable oil with melted wax, leaving the liquid for a while, and then wiping it with a linen cloth.
- How to remove stains from furniture if you have forgotten the cause?
Try milk on a cotton rag followed by polishing with a velvet or woolen rag. You can also use the same cloth soaked in a warm solution of laundry soap, also with a final polishing with a soft cloth.
- How to remove lime or chalk stains from furniture?
For example, using a vinegar solution and vegetable oil, followed by mechanical polishing.
Removing a stain on wooden furniture
- Greasy stain on furniture, you can rub it with a rag with linseed oil.
- Oak and walnut can be cleaned of various stains with a mild iodine solution or warm beer.
- White water stain on oak furniture you need to cover with salt and fill with vegetable oil for a couple of hours, then rub the damaged area with wet and dry rags and polish with wax. There is also a second option – sprinkle it with cigarette ash and fill it with vegetable oil, and then polish it with a piece of wool.
Removing a stain on a glass surface
- Removing stains from glass furniture can be carried out only products for such surfacesusing cotton napkins for wiping.
- Grease stains in no case should you rub with a soda solution, because its small crystals have abrasive properties and a strongly pronounced alkaline pH.
How to remove stains from chipboard or MDF furniture
- Fresh grease stains it is removed simply with water and non-aggressive soap, and then quickly gets wet with a paper napkin.
- Coffee stains wipe off with alcohol, ethyl or ammonia solution.
- Acid stains removed with a solution of vinegar or lemon essence.
- Juice, wine, chocolate stains just wash it with a neutral detergent, with which you blot the napkin and apply it to the stain for a couple of minutes, and then dry the place with another dry napkin.
- Delete white spots from wax or gum with furniture is not difficult. Dry the area and scrape off the dirt with a scraper.
- Stains from manicure, smoking, cosmetics or children’s drawings can be removed with a sponge and a solvent like acetone.
- Stubborn stains of paint or shoe polish feel free to clean up with special equipment that are sold in building materials.
- Moreover, the stain can be smeared special camouflage pencil for laminate flooring. It can be bought in building materials, the main thing is to choose the right color and tone corresponding to the damaged furniture.
See also: How and how to clean upholstered furniture at home?
The best stain prevention – regular furniture maintenance… After all, special products for the care of furniture not only prolong its life, but also protect against deep penetration of stains, thanks to the creation of a protective layer.
Do you know any home remedies for stains on wood, glass, polished furniture? We would be grateful for your advice!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!