Every housewife dreams of always having pleasant fresh air in her house. Natural components are completely absent in modern air fresheners. Moreover, such fresheners can contain acetone, which is very harmful to humans. How can you freshen the air and, in addition, benefit? Of course – with the help of a natural air freshener, the aroma of which can be chosen according to your taste, as well as which will be safe for health, because does not contain harmful substances.
See also: How to make your home environmentally friendly.
A hand-made air freshener is simply irreplaceable in families with allergy sufferers or small children. A natural air freshener is mainly composed of essential oils of your choice. For example, essential oils of lavender, geranium, lemon balm, frankincense, lemon, mint, tea tree will not only help you enjoy a pleasant aroma, but will also help in the prevention of various diseases.
You involuntarily ask yourself the question: “How can you make an air freshener yourself?” To make an air freshener at home, use the most simple and effective folk recipes.
How to make a citrus-scented air freshener
You will need:
- citrus fruits (orange, lime, lemon, tangerine, grapefruit);
- container for a freshener (bottle – spray).
- Peel citrus fruits. Place the resulting peel in a glass jar and fill it with vodka (you need about 0.5 liters of vodka), close the lid and leave for 2-3 days.
- The resulting citrus peel tincture, pour into a bottle – add water with a spray until the bottle is full.
- The presence of water in the proposed freshener is necessary to weaken the smell of alcohol. The citrus aroma can be enhanced with a few drops of citrus essential oil (3-5 drops). As a decoration, you can put neatly chopped peel of grapefruit, lemon or orange into the bottle.
- After adding all the ingredients, you need to shake the bottle so that its contents mix well and you can safely use the resulting freshener.
Also, remember that the citrus scent lifts your mood and strengthens your immune system.
If citrus fruits are not nearby, citrus essential oils can be substituted. It is necessary to add a few drops (10-15) of the essential oil of your favorite citrus fruit to the water, and then medical alcohol is introduced, due to which the “miscibility” of oil and water improves.
Gelatin air freshener – for the living room
You will need:
- a beautiful glass cup or a small bowl;
- glass of water;
- one or more essential oils that you like the scent (for example, essential oil of fir, eucalyptus, or tea tree);
- for a beautiful design, it is advisable to use food dyes, as well as decorative elements (small shells or pebbles, dried flowers or pieces of fruit).
- Put a bowl on low heat, pour in one glass of hot water and add 2 tbsp. tablespoons of gelatin, stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to the dissolved gelatin, which contributes to a good mood, then 1-1.5 teaspoons of glycerin (then the water will not evaporate too quickly), 2-5 drops of essential oil and color the resulting mixture with a dye. Instant coffee, lemon juice can be used as a dye.
- Now you can pour the almost finished freshener into the molds, where you should first put the decorative elements.
This air freshener will freeze for about 2-2.5 hours. Within two weeks, it will scent your home. If a crust has formed on top of the freshener, which prevents the release of the aroma, lubricate the surface of the “jelly” with essential oil or glycerin. The gelatin air freshener will fill your home with a unique aroma, will serve as an original decoration for your room, and will also help as an aromatherapy treatment for bronchitis in children. This type of air freshener is perfect for a living room.
Oil air freshener is good for the bathroom
You will need:
- inexpensive baby oil (150-200 grams);
- a container (vase or bottle) with a wide neck, where the prepared freshener will be located;
- 2st. spoons of vodka;
- wooden sticks
- aroma oil 4-5 drops (lavender, rosemary, lemon).
- Pour baby oil into a bottle with a wide neck, add vodka, which will thin the oil, so that it begins to rise faster on the sticks. Stir all this and add a few drops of aromatic oil to the composition.
- Dip wooden sticks there and leave them for 3-3.5 hours. Then turn them over with the other side so that the part of the chopsticks that was in the prepared mixture is in the air. Periodically, the sticks need to be turned over. The intensity of the aroma depends on the number of sticks.
This smell will spread throughout the room until the oil dries (approximately three weeks). To enhance the aroma, add more essential oil. If the room is small, then you can use a container without a wide neck, where 1-2 wooden sticks can fit. This air freshener is perfect for bathrooms.
Home air freshener
Natural home air fresheners have many benefits:
- The cost of a self-made freshener is much lower than the price of a ready-made freshener;
- Confidence in the naturalness of the components used;
- An opportunity to experiment with fragrances and find your own unique scent.
Hand-made natural air fresheners will fill your home with not only a variety of pleasant, healthy aromas, but also add charm to the decor of the room. At the same time, you spend a minimum of time and money.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!