As in any business, it is important to know when to tan. Of course, tanning is now incredibly fashionable and almost all girls tend to look like chocolates, spending a lot of time in the solarium, but this can often harm their skin. And along with a bronze tan, you can get additional problems.
A fanatical fascination with tanned skin can lead to a serious change in skin pigmentation and even to the appearance of tumors. Let’s talk about what every girl who visits or is about to visit a tanning salon should know.
Table of contents:
About the benefits and dangers of a solarium
It is very important to consult a doctor before going to the solarium, perhaps visiting the solarium will be extremely undesirable for you, and perhaps, on the contrary, will contribute to your recovery.
If you suffer from acne, rheumatism, eczema, psoriasis, herpes, a tanning bed will definitely do you good.
The skin needs ultraviolet light to produce vitamin D3, thanks to which the body absorbs phosphorus and calcium, which strengthen bones and promote wound healing.
Ultraviolet light activates breathing, activates the endocrine glands, enhances metabolism, blood circulation.
Staying in a solarium has a good effect on your mood. It relieves stress, nervous tension, relaxes.
Ultraviolet light is useful for colds, it activates defense mechanisms. In addition, tanning well hides skin imperfections: varicose veins, acne, cellulite.
Determine Your Skin Type Before Tanning
First, determine your skin type, it depends on how much time you need to spend in the solarium.
- The first type of skin. The most sensitive to ultraviolet light. This type of skin is possessed by girls predominantly blondes and redheads with light blue or green eyes and a freckled face.
- The second type of skin. They are possessed by fair-haired girls with gray eyes, their skin is the color of baked milk. They tend to tan very slowly, but with the right approach, they can turn bronze-colored skin.
- The third type of skin. This type includes brown-haired girls, dark blond and auburn, their slightly dark skin easy to tan.
- Fourth type. Southern. These girls have brown eyes and dark hair, dark skin. Such girls can easily sunbathe in the sun for a long time.
How to get the right tan in a tanning salon?
- For the first two types, it is best to start sunbathing in a solarium for 3-5 minutes, so that the skin gets used to receiving more intense rays in the future.
- The third type and the fourth type can afford to spend significantly more time in a tanning bed and, as a rule, they need fewer sessions to obtain a bronze tan.
- Coming to the solarium, be sure to find out about the state of the lamps, if the lamps are new, then you should not shorten the session time, because you risk getting burned during a long session.
- Ask the solarium administrators for the location of the stop button to stop the session in case of discomfort.
- Be sure to remove your contact lenses before your session, if you are wearing them. The session is best done with sunglasses or special sun glasses.
- During the session, nipples must be covered, as a rule, in tanning salons you can take special stickers – stikini.
- To prevent your hair from drying out during the session, you can tie it with a scarf or put on a special tanning hat.
- Lubricate your lips with sunscreen before the session.
- Use special tanning products for tanning beds. Thanks to it, tanning smoothly and beautifully lays on your skin and protects it from burns.
- Do not shower before going to the solarium or go to the solarium immediately after a bath or sauna. The skin is clean and devoid of the protection in the form of dead cells.
- You should also not use cosmetics before visiting the tanning salon, the essential oils, hormones, dyes and preservatives included in its composition can contribute to the appearance of age spots on the skin.
- A visit to the solarium itself activates many functions of the body, therefore, after the session, you should rest and not engage in physical activity for two hours.
Cautions and contraindications for tanning in a solarium
It would seem that a solarium and tanning can in no way adversely affect your health, but perhaps you have serious contraindications to visiting it, so consultation with a doctor is still important.
- Solarium is contraindicated for children under 15 years old.
- Do not visit the solarium during critical days.
- Do not go to a tanning bed if you have a lot of dark moles.
- Solarium visits are contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
- Diabetes mellitus is also a contraindication to visiting a solarium.
- You should not visit the solarium if you have diseases in the female part or diseases of the circulatory system.
- You cannot visit the solarium during critical days.
- If you have chronic illnesses that are in an exacerbation stage.
- You can not visit the solarium with active forms of tuberculosis.
- You can not visit the solarium in case of organic diseases of the central nervous system.
- When using drugs that increase the photosensitivity of the skin and provoke photoallergic reactions, these are tranquilizers, iodine, quinine, rivanol, salicylates, sulfa drugs, antibiotics, tricyclic antidepressants.
Tips from the forums – how to sunbathe in a solarium?
1. When it comes to problematic skin, solarium is the # 1 remedy! He helps me the best, and I have tried many things. Also, try not to use face soap or anything that tightens your skin. Just go sunbathe 2-3 times a week for a short time until you see improvement.
2. If redness appears after the session, then it is not necessary to increase the tanning time. You burn like that all the time. It is not good! You can sunbathe without extreme. If it itches, then it is worth anointing with a gel that soothes after sunburn, panthenol, sour cream, at worst. And body moisturizers. And then the skin will quickly peel off, and it will be completely ugly and tan spots. You should not go to sunbathe again until the redness from the last time has passed. Tan with cream for fair skin, when tan appears, switch to other creams.
3. When the skin is so sensitive, it must be prepared for tanning. If you don’t bring it to redness a little bit, then gradually the skin will get used to it and then even in the sun everything will be fine with a tan)) The main thing is not to rush! Proven on our own experience! There was also a problem with burning before. Now there is no.
4. It is not recommended to take a shower just before tanning, as you wash off a thin protective layer of fat from the skin, this makes the skin more vulnerable, and can lead to redness and burns. It is not recommended to take a shower immediately after sunbathing, because soap, shower gel dry out the skin, this can also be additional stress for it. The way out is to wait at least 2-3 hours after sunburn, use soft shower gels, after a shower, use a moisturizing body lotion or special cosmetics after sunbathing.
What can you advise?
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!