Unfortunately, parents do not always have the opportunity to be forever with their children. Someone needs to go to work, someone needs to study – and the baby has to be sent to a nursery. But regardless of the situation, preparation for the nursery is a mandatory process if mom and dad want the adaptation in a preschool for the baby to be as painless as possible. What do parents need to know about a baby’s admission to a nursery?
The content of the article:
Registration in a nursery – what and when to submit documents?
In the nursery, one of the parents is served application for the admission of the baby and the following documents:
- Birth certificate.
- Parent’s passport.
- Medical card (F26).
- Documents confirming the right to benefits (if such a right exists).
When to apply?
Everyone knows about the acute shortage of places in preschool institutions. And think about the fact that the baby will have to be sent to a nursery or a garden, follows after his birth… As soon as you get your baby’s birth certificate, it’s time to run and get in line. Moreover – not in the preschool institution itself, as before, but in a special commission dealing with the recruitment of kindergartens.
Nursery – at what age will it be optimal for a child?
Not every mother can afford to sit with her baby at home for three years. For this difficult situation, nurseries are designed, in which babies are taken from 12 months. The main question remains – will the baby be able to painlessly endure separation from his mother at this age?
- From 1-1.5 years old.
At this age, a mother for a baby is a person without whom he cannot exist. Torn out of the atmosphere of parental care and tenderness, the child does not understand why there are strangers around him, and why his mother leaves him alone in a strange place. Any outsider for a one-year-old child is a “stranger”, and, of course, the baby is simply not ready psychologically to be left without a mother.
- From 2-2.5 years old.
Babies of this age are already more developed in every sense. They are drawn to their peers, they can be distracted by games. If the teacher is a good psychologist, and the child is really sociable, then the adaptation period will pass quickly. But if the child categorically refuses to stay in the nursery, then your time has not come yet – you should not leave him against his will.
What you need in a nursery: we get a “dowry” for a baby in a preschool
All nurseries and kindergartens have their own rules concerning, in particular, the “dowry” that the baby needs to collect with him. But the basic requirements are the same for all creches. So what does a little toddler need?
- Panties – 4-5 pairs (or diapers). The first option is better if you want the child to become independent faster.
- T-shirts – a couple of pieces.
- Socks, tights – 3-4 pairs.
- Warm jacket or sweater.
- Set of clothes in case of its complete change (if, for example, accidentally spills compote on itself).
- Diaper / oilcloth for the crib.
- Bibs – 1-2 pieces.
- Shift. You should not take lacquered shoes, as well as felt slippers. The best option is shoes with an instep support and a small heel.
- Headdress for a walk.
- A set of clean handkerchiefs, hairbrush, towel.
- Physical culture form.
- Stationery setincluding apron.
- Package under dirty clothes.
The rest should be clarified directly with the educators. For example, if the nursery has a pool, you will need bathing accessories. If there is rhythm – Czech women. Etc. And do not forget to sign the child’s things to avoid confusion.
Important Tips for Parents: How to Prepare Your Child for Nursery
Nursery preparation is hard work for parents. First of all, mothers and fathers should teach (try to teach) the baby:
- Chew. That is, transfer the crumbs from mashed potatoes and cereals to lumpy food. Of course, gradually.
- Drink from a regular cup (not from the “drinker”), there is a spoon.
- Go to the potty. Even if the child still sometimes pees in his pants, and not every time he asks for the potty, it is important to introduce him to this process. That is, the kid should not be afraid of the pot. And already in the nursery, the kids who are planted together on pots quickly learn this skill. See also: How to potty train your baby?
- Fall asleep in the crib without mom’s hands. Gradually train your baby to fall asleep on its own.
Concerning child health (its adaptation and immunity), here you need to remember the following:
- It should be returned to the climate familiar to the child. at least two weeks before the nursery (in case you are leaving).
- A month before the nursery, you need to do all necessary vaccinations. Read: new vaccination calendar for children for 2014…
- Also for a month you need protect the child from contact with infected / sick people.
- A week before the nursery refuse to introduce new products into the baby’s diet…
- Early June and late spring are time for a gradual introduction hardening procedures.
- Train your baby to the daily routine nursery and morning exercises.
- Walk more and dress your child for the weather.
What and with whom should a child be introduced before the nursery?
The daily life of a home toddler differs significantly from that of a toddler. And not only because there are no parents nearby, and many children. A nursery is a lot of discoveries for a child, and not always positive ones. So you need to acquaint the baby with:
- Educators and peers.
- With the preschool itself, including the group and the site.
- With the regime of the day.
- From the menu.
- With musical instruments.
Features of the work of a group of short-term stays in a nursery for the best adaptation to a preschool institution
Short stay groups are adaptation special groups in gardens for stay of kids for 2-3 hours… What are the characteristics of such a group?
- Ability to facilitate adaptation to the manger and garden.
- The opportunity to attend a group with mom.
- Helping mom in the development and adaptation of the baby using illustrative examples.
- Groups are designed for a child of 1-3 years old.
- The educational program includes all-round development of crumbs – modeling, drawing, acquaintance with letters and counting, dancing, fine motor skills, development of speech and the formation of necessary skills, etc.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!