Your boss, colleague, family friend has everything, but the holiday is nevertheless inexorably approaching. And you are already tired of going shopping, studying the range of gifts and tormented by the question: “What should I give him?” This article will help you solve the eternal dilemma: what to give when you have everything?
The content of the article:
15 options for “neutral” gifts for a man
Stop for a minute! And first, let’s try to find out what etiquette says about gifts for men? Yes, yes, even in such a matter as the choice of a gift for a man, there are rules.
The choice of a gift depends on the relationship between the giver and the person to whom the gift is intended. We have already decided that We are not looking for a gift for a loved one. This is what should be the starting point of the search. In this case, the rules of etiquette are unequivocally advised to present the man with a so-called “neutral” gift.
For neutral gifts, first of all, according to the same instructions of gift etiquette, include:
- Any works of art, handicrafts, for example, paintings, prints, batiks, glassware, ceramics, porcelain, crystal, silver, leather, etc. This gift is good because with the huge selection presented by stores today, you will surely pick up something original. And if this is your collective gift to your boss or colleague, then, having shown imagination, you can not limit yourself to choosing a ready-made work, but order its execution by an artist, taking into account the tastes and artistic preferences of the person to whom the work is intended.
- Gift books. This universal gift will delight anyone, but only if you take your choice of the book seriously and thoughtfully. A gift book, bought for the sake of a beautiful cover or, even worse, for edification, will not bring joy to either the recipient or you. Agree, it is stupid to give an art album to a person who does not like painting, but, say, collects weapons. Therefore, before choosing a book as a gift, take an interest in the tastes of the person to whom you are going to present it.
- Writing supplies: notebooks, diaries, business calendars, fountain pens, writing utensils. These are always appropriate and necessary things. The choice of both the thing itself and its design is completely up to you: it’s good that today writing instruments amaze with a variety of models and colors. It is good if your gift is decorated with a personalized engraving.
- Tea or coffee, as well as tea / coffee sets. It is advisable to take into account the taste of the person to whom the gift is intended. Agree, it’s ridiculous to give coffee to a person who doesn’t drink it, or to choose elite green tea as a gift for someone who prefers black varieties. There are usually no special requirements for this universal gift, with the exception, perhaps, of the following:
- Coffee or tea should be beautiful, preferably in original packaging
- The variety must be expensive
- Tea or coffee set (cup and saucer)… Of course, such a gift can also be matched to the taste of a man, however, if you are not sure about the subject matter (a sailboat or a car? Or maybe an abstraction? ..) feel free to choose:
- strict design,
- calm colors, saturated neutral colors,
- geometric patterns.
Such a gift is always needed, pleasant and will definitely be used.
- Ashtray, lighter, and other men’s accessories – such as key chains, hookahs, jars for alcoholic beverages are great gifts. The main thing, when choosing this accessory, to remember that a penny thing can only be suitable if you, returning from vacation, bring souvenirs to the entire department. Otherwise, the cheapness of the gift is not justified and will not affect you. This is especially true of gifts, which, as a rule, are perceived precisely as souvenirs – lighters, key rings, etc. Do not be embarrassed that a Zippo lighter costs several times more than an analogue of an unknown company – you are not so much overpaying for a world-famous brand as buying a guaranteed high-quality item.
- Useful gift certificates – here you can turn around. There is practically not a single brand store, salon, gym, restaurant that would not provide such a service as a gift certificate: grocery stores, sporting goods stores, hunting and fishing stores, car dealerships, computer stores, travel companies and many other establishments. The main criterion in choosing a store or other institution will be only the tastes and preferences of the person to whom the gift is intended.
- Tickets to concerts, theaters, exhibitions… Before choosing this wonderful gift, you need to find out exactly which of the above will be preferred by the hero of the day. While this is a general rule of thumb for all gifts, there are a few subtleties that can help you make your gift enjoyable:
- There should be two tickets anyway… It is assumed that the event will be attended by a family (with a spouse), but even if the hero of the day is not married, there should still be two tickets.
- It is not customary to give tickets without packagingand, for example, a gift envelope. This rule applies to all tickets, without exception, no matter how beautifully they themselves are issued.
- Tickets for entertainment. What could be better than relaxing in a dolphinarium or a water park? Only a whole day of rest! The programs offered by the companies today are striking in their variety: water shows, personalized performances for the hero of the day, a variety of entertainment and much more. In addition, a unique and memorable gift will be a day with a program that takes into account the tastes of the hero of the day, developed especially for him. Remember that there must also be two tickets.
- Fishing goods (fishing rods, tackle, set) and hunting (hunting accessories). Such a gift will always be, by the way, for an avid fisherman or hunter, and just for a person who loves to spend time in nature. True, in the latter case, a fishing set will be more appropriate as a gift. Specialized stores today offer a huge selection of a wide variety of goods: from the simplest fishing rods, nets and various accessories for hunting to exclusive rubber boats and special clothing.
- Picnic Gift Sets… What could be better than sitting out with friends in nature? And the picnic set received as a gift, which includes everything you need, including a lighter, containers for spices, a corkscrew, a thermos, etc., is suitable not only for a picnic in a country house, but also for lovers of fishing and hunting.
- Sweet gifts. The time has passed when it was considered indecent and even humiliating to give a man sweets. Not only have men ceased to be ashamed of their love for sweets, now confectioners, in line with new trends, offer a huge number of cakes, sweets and other delicacies made in a purely masculine spirit. Even bouquets of sweets today will be an excellent gift if they are designed according to the theme and are intended specifically for a man.
- Sports attributes. Agree, when a man has everything – it does not always make sense to look for a gift that would be useful. Most of the stronger sex will be delighted to receive tickets to the game (provided that you know exactly what kind of sport the person who receives the gift prefers), a scarf, a T-shirt or baseball cap with the symbols of your favorite team, or various sports attributes: a ball, a club, a bat, racket, etc. with the team logo, and, possibly, the autograph of your favorite player.
- Car accessories. If a man has everything, then 99.9% of him have a car. And there is hardly a man who would not adore his car. Therefore, choosing a variety of useful car accessories as a gift is almost a win-win option. Specialized stores offer a huge number of goods: thermo mugs, orthopedic pillows, phone holders, refrigerator bags, etc. As a gift, you can present something from technology: a radio tape recorder, a video recorder, etc., but only if you know for sure about the wishes of the hero of the day.
- Alcoholic drinks. Another option that will suit almost any man and for any reason. When choosing a gift, it is worth remembering a few basic rules:
- First of all, the drink must be branded, so it is better to make a purchase in a specialized store, where you can be provided with all the necessary documents and licenses;
- The drink must be in its original packaging (for example, some types of whiskey and cognac are supplied in cardboard boxes).
- Modern gadgets. This type of gifts is suitable when you know for sure about the wishes of the birthday person, or his preferences in the brands of gadgets:
- Smartphones. Often men neglect such technological innovations, preferring simple old “dialers”. If you show the birthday boy all the advantages of modern technology, you will surely change his mind.…
- Laptop cooling table useful for a man who rarely leaves a PC.
- Clock. This is a classic men’s present, only you need to choose a model that is ideal for the birthday boy in style and functionality.
- Compact vibrating massager. It is a very convenient device that will help relieve muscle fatigue and pain.
- Wireless headphones. They will be useful for a jogger and all music lovers who like to listen to music anytime, anywhere.
Also find out if it is possible to give flowers to a man?
Gift giving etiquette to a man
And finally, a few more tips for choosing a gift:
- Clothing and accessories to it (tie, bag, tie clip, neckerchief, etc.) are donated only if they have company logo…
- Woman anyway cannot give a man toilet articles (for example, tie, belt, etc.).
- An overly expensive gift, especially if it is presented not from the team, but from the employee, can be regarded as bribe or sycophant…
- Price gift depends on the financial capabilities of the donor and in some cases, you can limit yourself to a small souvenir.
- Anyway package the gift must be beautiful, it is desirable that the gift itself was in the original box.
- But Chiefif he gives a gift to a subordinate, cannot be limited to just a souvenirbecause his income is higher.
Probably, choosing and giving gifts is the most enjoyable experience! Over the years, clear rules have been formed in etiquette, suggesting what to give and to whom, how to choose and make a gift. These rules are not as complicated as it might seem at first glance, but following them will bring notes of joy into your relationships with other people, making mutual communication pleasant and comfortable. But most importantly, whatever the gift is – an expensive, custom-made or just a souvenir, choose and give it from the heart!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!