There were no significant changes in the rules for admission to Russian universities in 2017. There are not many changes – but they can play a role in admission. Therefore, future students are advised to be more careful and clarify the admission rules, which are regularly adjusted, directly at the chosen university.
So, what should everyone who enters this year need to know about?
Providing and paying for study leave at work – what does the TC say?
- According to the rules of this year, the applicant has the opportunity to submit documents for admission to the number of universities equal to 5. In addition, he can choose up to 3 specialties in each of the selected educational institutions. Moreover, a graduate can submit an application by e-mail or send it by post to Russia.
- Since this year, the list of persons who have the preemptive right to enroll has been expanded (approx. – for specialty, bachelor’s programs). In 2017, it included the children of employees of the FSV of the National Guard of the Russian Federation, as well as the employees and servicemen of the FSV of the National Guard themselves.
- The changes also affected the Crimean and Sevastopol residents. This year, special admission conditions for them have been canceled, and there are no special quotas for applicants from Crimea and Sevastopol. Students will enroll in the general stream and pass entrance tests on a par with all applicants in Russia.
- However, the privilege for former schoolchildren of the Crimea was still left: Sevastopol and Crimean residents have the right to enroll in any university in the country for specialty and bachelor’s programs upon presentation of the relevant educational documents.
- All updated rules for admission to universities must be posted on personal websites educational institutions.
- For people with disabilities, as well as people with disabilities in health, changes were developed in the conditions of admissionconcerning more expanded provision of their needs.
- Special rights remained with the prize-winners / winners of the Olympiads, in the “piggy bank” of which additional points fall upon admission (approx. – in total up to 10 points).
- The list of Olympiads that can bring additional points has also been expanded. – there are 88 of them today. Several more Olympiads were included in the list (note – Robofest, Innopolis, TechnoKubik, etc.).
- For applicants to the direction “intelligent systems in the humanitarian sphere” information about the introduction of a new entrance test will be useful – now you will also have to take mathematics.
- The changes affected the deadlines for universities to announce benefits for the winners / awardees of the Olympiads. Data on such benefits are required to be published on October 1.
- Admission to a university without entrance exams in 2017 is also possible! This right will be granted to the winners of the Olympiads, as well as to school graduates who have received the highest scores on the Unified State Exam in a specialized subject. But only on condition that the rest of the subjects were handed over by them not less than 75 points each.
- The deadlines for admission of students to the master’s degree have also been changed. Applicants must submit the entire set of documents before July 20.
- The innovations also affected the medical universities of the country. Internship, as a form of vocational training, has been completely abolished since September this year. That is, doctors will start working directly without a certificate of completion of residency (only with a diploma of graduation from the university). As for the healing technique, students will have to master it on simulators assigned to medical institutions. The practice of skills, according to the amendments introduced, will have to take place in the training process under the direct supervision of specialists.
- Another change for future doctors. The usual certification procedure will now be replaced by accreditation, which takes place simultaneously with state exams. This examination will have to pass every five years.
List of the best mobile apps to help schoolchildren and students learn
Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article! We will be very pleased if you share your feedback and tips in the comments below.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!