The best dumbbell exercises for women at home
Not every woman can afford to go to sports fitness on an ongoing basis. This may be due to a lack of free time, or the high price of a subscription. But I really want to have a good fit figure, especially before summer.
Dumbbell exercises at home will be an excellent substitute for exercising in a sports complex. Such exercises will help to strengthen all muscle groups, lose extra calories and always be in good shape.
The content of the article:
- What dumbbells to buy, weight calculation
- Important recommendations, contraindications, timing
- A set of exercises with dumbbells
Which dumbbells are best to buy – calculating the correct weight of dumbbells for exercise
Before going to the store, you should understand in advance which dumbbells to choose. If the goal is to shed excess calories from parts of the lower and upper extremities, then use 1-2 pairs of shells with low weight, in the area 0.5-2 kg… With such a weight, workouts are carried out often and at an active pace, preferably with rhythmic musical accompaniment. For corrective tightening and a set of muscle fibers, the mass of the dumbbells, respectively, increases (from 2 to 14 kg).
With the activity and complexity of the classes, the mass of the shells will gradually increase. There are two types of dumbbells in total – collapsible and non-collapsible… Depending on the type chosen, a special rack may be required.
- The advantage collapsible dumbbells is their versatility, you can gradually increase the weight without buying new weights. In addition, they are easy to combine and do not require a rack.
- Non-collapsible the shells are very easy to use. There is no need to unscrew and change discs every time, exercises are performed quickly without unnecessary body movements.
At the beginning of training, you should engage in small masses, no more than 2 kg…
As soon as the mass seems small, the load should be raised, gradually increasing within reasonable limits, about 0.5 kg per week…
Important recommendations before doing exercises with dumbbells – contraindications, training time, clothing, rules of execution
The types of activities are chosen, depending on the initial physical form, fitness, health, body weight.
In order not to damage ligaments, muscles or organs at home, and after training the muscles do not burst with pain, several rules must be followed:
- Fully study the complexes of exercises: the technique of execution, the number of approaches, time. Incorrect execution can lead to negative consequences.
- Before starting the main exercises, you need to carry out a high-quality warm-up (it will prepare the muscles and prevent accidental injury).
- At the beginning, classes should be short, 10-15 minutes will be enough. From each new week, it is advisable to constantly increase the duration by 2-3 minutes so that the muscles do not get used to one load.
- Trainings are held 3-4 times a week. After carrying out exercises one day, the next day is obligatory rest. Thus, lactic acid will not accumulate in the muscles and cause unpleasant painful sensations.
- All complexes are performed with the same number of repetitions. With light weights, 20-25 approaches are done, for heavy weights 10 will be enough, but at a low pace.
- The set of classes should include several different exercises aimed at working out different muscle groups.
- Proper nutrition and adherence to a diet low in fat and carbohydrates in the diet. A pre-planned diet with selected amounts of protein, fat and carbohydrates is a good option. This will greatly accelerate the desired result in terms of the visual correction of the legs, arms, and waist reduction.
- Clothing should be comfortable and simple. It is advisable to choose something from “breathable” and quick-drying materials. Suits made of cotton or elastane work well. They will allow air to pass through, ensuring the stability of the temperature regime of the body.
Despite all the benefits, dumbbell exercises are not for everyone.
Training is prohibited for women who:
- Spinal pathologies of any etiology.
- The spinal curvature angle is more than 25 degrees.
- There were joint or ligament injuries, with limited movement.
- After limb fractures, during the treatment stage and during the next month.
- The presence of arthritis, arthrosis.
- During late pregnancy.
- Chronic heart disease – especially when the exacerbation phase begins.
A set of the best dumbbell exercises for women – a complete workout program
The next complex is carried out during one time period. Each exercise uses a specific muscle group. A quick and visible result is manifested when performing all exercises from the complex.
It is an excellent barbell replacement. The tension goes not only to the lower limbs, but also affects the muscles of the back and abdomen.
- A shell is taken in each hand, legs at shoulder level.
- On inhalation: squatting to the same level of the hips with the floor, the pelvis is retracted, the toes of the legs should not protrude strongly forward to prevent injury, the back is straight.
- On exhalation: lifting up, the load during lifting should come from the toes.
- It is done 15-20 times in 3 approaches. The break between them is no more than 1 minute.
A good exercise to strengthen the gluteus muscles.
The technique is performed according to the following principle:
- Dumbbells in the hands, one leg in front, the other in the back with an emphasis on the toe.
- When inhaling, you need to bend your knees downward.
- With an exhalation, you need to perform a sharp push upward.
- It is performed 10-15 times with 3 trips on each of the legs.
Romanian Dumbbell Deadlift
- The feet are spread apart to the width of the shoulder girdle.
- Inhale: the abdominal muscles are strained, a shallow downward tilt is made, hands to the floor.
- Exhalation is accompanied by tension of the buttocks and lower back, followed by lifting up
- It is necessary to perform 10-15 times 3-4 approaches.
Climbing the curbstone
Any tall objects with a hard surface (chair, bench, bedside table) will come down as a height.
The lower parts, gluteal muscles are worked out, the spine is strengthened.
- A standard dumbbell rack next to a hill.
- Inhale: pushing the foot transfers the weight to the chair and lifts it up.
- Exhale: descent down, while the support should be on the other leg.
- 15-20 sets will be enough, now with the other leg.
The lower back is strengthened, the press sways.
It is carried out according to the following scheme:
- Feet at the width of the pelvic region, in the hands of the projectile.
- On inhalation: the arms bend at the elbows with a pull to the belt, the back muscles should carry out the main load, bringing the shoulder blades as close to the spine as possible.
- Exhale: Hands in a relaxed mode lower down.
- The thrust is performed 15-20 times in 3 sets.
Only one projectile is used, held with two hands. For execution, a flat, dense surface is suitable – a floor, a couch.
The exercise perfectly develops and stretches the pectoral muscles, additionally connecting the broadest back and triceps.
- It is performed lying on the back, the head rests on the edge of the surface, but in no case hangs down. The dumbbell is held in both hands raised up at chest level.
- Inhale: hands slowly drop behind the head to the maximum possible distance, the chest is stretched by a small separation of the shoulder blades from the surface. There should be a stretch of the pectoral muscles.
- Exhale: with tension of the chest and three-headed shoulder, the arms come back.
- 15-20 times, in the amount of 3 approaches.
Swing to the sides
The deltoid muscles of the shoulder are involved.
- Hands are divorced. The knees are slightly bent.
- Inhale: swings are made through the sides, leading to the shoulder joints, the body is stable, the shoulders are free.
- As you exhale, your arms slowly drop down to your hips.
- Doing 3 sets of 10-15 times will be quite enough
Extension of dumbbells from behind the head
Keeping your triceps in good shape. It is done with one dumbbell.
- You need to freely hold the dumbbell with your hands.
- On inhalation: with the effort of the triceps muscles, a full extension over the head is performed.
- Exhale: The elbows are relaxed, the arms are lowered back to the back.
- Do 10-15 times, 3 sets
A good assistant in working out the biceps.
- Dumbbells in both hands, along the body.
- The inhalation is accompanied by the bend of the elbows, with the lifting of the projectile by the biceps brachii.
- Exhale: Extend the elbow at a low pace
- You can do 20 times in 3 sets, or 15 in 4.
If there is a desire to slightly reduce the time of the complex, you can perform them in a circle, without interruption after the approach, because the load of the exercises falls on different muscle groups.
After completing one complex, you can take a short break for 1-2 minutes, and proceed to the second.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!