According to the canons of beauty, women’s skin should be exceptionally smooth and delicate to the touch. Unfortunately, the modern woman has very little time for cosmetic procedures – at work, household chores, family, and chronic fatigue, finally, the whole working week flies by. As a result, the legs (not to mention the intimate area) lose their smoothness, and it takes half the weekend to put them in order. Thanks to laser hair removal, today this problem is being solved “on the root” – painlessly and effectively.
What you need to know about laser hair removal – tell the experts from COLADY magazine.
The content of the article:
Laser hair removal procedure – before and after photos, video
Laser hair removal has become a real gift of the 21st century for all women. Today, this procedure, which involves safe and reliable hair removal, is available to absolutely any girl. What is the essence of the method?
- A pulse with a specific wavelength is emitted from a suitable radiation source.
- Flash duration is less than a second. During this time, the structure of the follicle heats up and dies.
- In this way, all hair visible on the skin is eliminated. Invisible, dormant follicles are weakened.
- The remaining “reserve” hair follicles are activated after three (four) weeks. Then the procedure should be repeated.
Flash parameters are selected by a specialist based on melanin saturation and thermal sensitivity of the skin and hair. The sensitivity of the epidermis to heat is an order of magnitude lower than that of hair, which excludes its strong heating and damage. This fact allows the procedure to be carried out even on a very sensitive area of the skin.
Laser hair removal – how the procedure works
- Consultation with a specialist.
- A test flash is a necessary test for sensitivity.
- Hair shortening up to one to two mm for better impulse transmission through the follicle.
- Epilation process. Warmth and tingling sensation from flash. The duration of epilation is from three minutes to an hour, in accordance with the “front of work”.
- Redness and slight swelling after the procedure. They pass on their own after 20 minutes (maximum two hours).
- Treatment of the epilation area with special agents to reduce the allergic reaction and exclude the formation of a burn.
How to prepare for laser hair removal
Key rules for preparing for the procedure:
- It is forbidden to sunbathe for two, or preferably three weeks before epilation, in order to avoid skin burns from laser exposure to tanned skin.
- Do not visit the solarium (also for 2-3 weeks).
- Do not wax hair.
- Do not carry out procedures to lighten them, do not pluck.
- A few days before the procedure, the required area of the skin should be shaved (the required hair length at the time of epilation is 1-2 mm, except for the female areas of the neck and face).
Devices for laser hair removal in salons of Russia
Laser installations, based on the wavelength, are divided into:
None of the installations is a magic wand that can rid you of all the hair at once, but the diode laser is recognized as the most effective today, thanks to the wavelength to which hair melanin is most susceptible.
Does hair grow back after laser hair removal?
The result of this procedure depends on factors such as:
- Human skin type.
- Hair color.
- Their structure.
- Type of laser installation.
- Professionalism of a specialist.
- Compliance with the recommendations.
The result, which involves the removal of 30% of the hair during the procedure, is considered excellent. After 3-4 weeks, the procedure is repeated, and then a more significant reduction in hair is noted, and, in addition, their lightening and thinning. The best effect is achieved in a course of 4 to 10 sessions, with an interval of 1-2.5 months, after which the hair completely stops growing.
Advantages of laser hair removal over other hair removal methods
- An individual approach that takes into account the characteristics of the physiological and psychological nature of each patient.
- The versatility of the procedure. It can be carried out by both women and men.
- The painlessness of the method.
- The ability to eliminate hair on every desired area of the body.
- Lack of consequences.
- No restrictions on the season.
Cons of laser hair removal
- The need for several procedures.
- Inadmissibility of carrying out the method on tanned skin.
- Lack of desired effect on light and gray hair.
When to do laser hair removal
- Too much hair growth.
- Severe allergic reaction (irritation) after shaving (usually in men).
- The need for hair removal (work in the food industry, sports, etc.).
- Hirsutism (due to hormonal imbalance).
Contraindications to laser hair removal – why is laser hair removal dangerous?
- Skin diseases, including cancer.
- Disposition to scarring of the skin.
- Pregnancy (undesirable).
- Acute inflammatory processes in the body, as well as infectious diseases.
- Fresh (less than 14 days) or too dark tanned skin.
- Cardiovascular disease (exacerbation stage).
- Taking photosensitizing and immunosuppressive drugs.
- Allergy (exacerbation stage).
- The presence of burns, fresh wounds, abrasions.
- The presence of implants containing metal (in particular, pacemakers).
- Individual intolerance.
Concerning photosensitizing drugs, These include:
- Antibiotics and antidepressants.
- Antihypertensive and diuretic drugs, etc.
These medicines increase the sensitivity of the skin to light, which can result in the risk of burns after epilation.
Is it painful to do laser hair removal – the pain of the procedure
Laser hair removal painless but sensitive… Moreover, the sensitivity depends on the power of the laser beam. With a decrease in power (different for each zone), the number of procedures increases.
Important features of laser hair removal
- In case of hormonal imbalance, it is impossible to establish the exact number of procedures. As a rule, with an imbalance of hormones, additional sessions of the procedure are required. The reason is the continuation of the formation of hair follicles, delaying the final result.
- No laser machine can guarantee the smoothness of leather that resembles the gloss of paper.
- Laser hair removal will not work if you want to get rid of gray hair. Therefore, gray hair and “blonde” should be removed in a different way (for example, electrolysis).
- The risk of a burn directly depends on the degree of skin darkening. A person with dark skin, in this case, should first undergo a sensitivity test.
- High-quality hair removal requires complete hair growth.
- Redness after epilation is a natural skin reaction. It goes away 20 minutes after the specialist has applied a special product.
- In case of severe skin sensitivity, an anesthetic cream is applied by the specialist one hour before the procedure.
Laser hair removal – so that hair does not grow after the procedure
- After epilation, do not sunbathe for a month. Also exclude the solarium for this time.
- The first three days for the epilation zone, it is necessary to use antibiotic cream and Panthenol (Bepanten) in the morning and before bedtime (each drug – for 10 minutes, sequentially).
- The use of cosmetics containing alcohol, scrubs and other products that irritate the skin should be temporarily stopped or limited.
- When taking a shower and washing your face for the first three days after epilation, it is recommended to use cool water. Bath with sauna and swimming pool – exclude.
- For two weeks, do not forget to use a protective cream with an SPF of 30 or more before going outdoors.
- The use of depilatory creams, wax, vibroepilator or tweezers is prohibited between treatments.
- As for thin hair, it is eliminated by the very first flash. Coarse hair leaves tiny roots. Absolute dying off of the hair follicle (as well as the subsequent independent loss of the intradermal part of the hair) occurs within a week or two after the procedure, therefore it is not recommended to pull out such roots.
One of the main recommendations: carefully consider the choice of salon. Go to the company’s website, study reviews about it on the network, inquire about the features of hair removal, equipment and qualifications of specialists.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!