fetal development weight and height. What happens to the baby and mom
Welcome to the last trimester! And while the last three months can drastically change your lifestyle, remember why you are making concessions. Awkwardness, constant feeling of fatigue and insomnia can unsettle even an ordinary woman, to say nothing of a future mom. However, do not be discouraged, try to spend these months in peace and relaxation, because very soon you will have to forget about sleep again.
What does the term – 29 weeks mean?
So, you are at obstetric week 29, which is 27 weeks from conception and 25 weeks from delayed menstruation.
The content of the article:
Feelings of the expectant mother at the 29th week
Perhaps this week you will go on a long-awaited antenatal leave. You will now have enough time to enjoy your pregnancy. If you still haven’t signed up for prenatal training, now is the time to do so. You can also use the pool. If you are worried about how the birth process or your baby’s future will go, talk to a psychologist.
- Now your belly is giving you more and more worries. Your cute tummy turns into a big belly, the belly button is smoothed and flattened. Don’t worry – after giving birth, it will be the same;
- You may be haunted by a constant feeling of fatigue, and you may also experience cramps in the calf muscles;
- As you climb stairs, you will feel short of breath faster;
- Appetite increases;
- Urination becomes more frequent;
- Some colostrum may be released from the mammary glands. The nipples become large and coarse;
- You become absent-minded and more and more often you want to sleep during the day;
- Possible bouts of urinary incontinence. As soon as you sneeze, laugh or cough, you fail! In this case, you should now do Kegel exercises;
- Your child’s movements become constant, he moves 2-3 times per hour. From this time on, you must control them;
- Internal organs continue to shift to give the child room to move and grow;
- On examination by a doctor:
- The doctor will measure your weight and pressure, determine the position of the uterus and how much it has increased;
- You will be asked for a urinalysis to determine your protein levels and whether there are infections;
- You will also be referred for an ultrasound scan of the fetal heart this week to rule out heart defects.
Reviews from forums, instagram and vkontakte:
And I would like to consult. I have a baby sitting on the pope, for the last 3-4 weeks. The doctor says that so far there is no reason for worry, because the child “will turn 10 more times”, but I still worry. I am also a pelvic child, my mother had a cesarean. Can someone suggest exercises that have helped others, because if I start doing them early it shouldn’t hurt? Or am I wrong?
I have a very small belly, the doctor is very scared that the child is very small. What to do, I am worried about the condition of the child.
Girls, I have increased anxiety, lately (I don’t know exactly when it started, but now it has become more noticeable). Sometimes there is a feeling that the stomach is hardening. These sensations are not painful and last about 20-30 seconds, 6-7 times a day. What could it be? This is bad? Or are they the same Braxton Hicks contractions? I’m worried about something. It’s the end of the 29th week, in general, I’m not complaining about my health.
Tomorrow we are already going to be 29 weeks old, we are already big! We are more violent in the evenings, perhaps this is one of the most pleasant moments – to feel the baby’s stirring!
I’m starting 29 weeks! I feel great, but sometimes, as I think about what position I am in, I can’t believe that all this is happening to me. This will be our firstborn, we are a married couple well over 30 and so scary so that everything is fine, and that the baby is healthy! Girls, as you think, can prepare things for the maternity hospital from the seventh month, because it happens that children are born at seven months! But I don’t know yet what I need to take to the hospital with me, maybe someone will tell me, otherwise there’s no time to go to the courses, although I’m already on maternity leave, but I’m going to work so far! Good luck to all!
So we got to the 29th week! The weight gain is not small – almost 9 kg! But before pregnancy, I weighed 48 kg! The doctor says that, in principle, this is normal, but you only need to eat healthy food – no rolls and cakes, which I am so drawn to.
Fetal development at the 29th week
In the weeks remaining before birth, he will have to grow up, and his organs and systems will have to fully prepare for life outside his mother. He is about 32 cm tall and weighs 1.5 kg.
- The child reacts to low sounds and can distinguish voices. He can already find out when dad is talking to him;
- The skin is almost fully formed. And the layer of subcutaneous fat is getting thicker;
- The amount of cheese-like grease decreases;
- The vellus hair (lanugo) on the body disappears;
- The entire surface of the baby becomes sensitive;
- Your baby may have already turned upside down and is preparing for birth;
- The baby’s lungs are already ready for work and if he is born at this time, he will be able to breathe on his own;
- Now the unborn child is developing muscles, but it is too early for him to be born, since his lungs are not yet fully ripe;
- The child’s adrenal glands are currently actively producing androgen-like substances (male sex hormone). They travel through the baby’s circulatory system and, upon reaching the placenta, are converted to estrogen (in the form of estriol). This is believed to stimulate the production of prolactin in your body;
- The formation of lobules begins in the liver, as if it “hones” its shape and function. Its cells are arranged in a strict order, characteristic of the structure of a mature organ. They are stacked in rows from the periphery to the center of each lobule, its blood supply is debugged, and it increasingly acquires the functions of the main chemical laboratory of the body;
- The formation of the pancreas continues, which already fully supplies the fetus with insulin.
- The kid already knows how to control body temperature;
- The bone marrow is responsible for the formation of red blood cells in his body;
- If you lightly press on your belly, your baby can answer you. He moves and stretches a lot, and sometimes presses on your intestines;
- Its movements increase when you are lying on your back, very anxious or hungry;
- At 29 weeks, the child’s normal activity depends on the amount of oxygen supplied to the fetus, on the mother’s nutrition, on receiving a sufficient amount of minerals and vitamins;
- Now you can already determine when the baby is asleep and when he is awake;
- The kid grows very quickly. In the third trimester, his weight can increase fivefold;
- The baby becomes quite cramped in the uterus, so now you feel not just jolts, but also bulging of the heels and elbows in different parts of the abdomen;
- The baby grows in length and his height is about 60% of what he will be born with;
- On the ultrasound, you can see that the baby is smiling, sucking a finger, scratching himself behind the ear and even “teasing” by sticking out his tongue.
Photo of the fetus, photo of the abdomen, ultrasound and video about the development of the child
Video: What happens at the 29th week of pregnancy?
3D ultrasound at the 29th week of pregnancy video
Recommendations and advice for the expectant mother
- In the third trimester, you just need to get more rest. Want to take a nap? Do not deny yourself this pleasure;
- If you have sleep disturbances, do relaxation exercises before going to bed. You can also drink herbal tea or a glass of warm milk with honey;
- Communicate with other expectant mothers, because you have the same joys and doubts. Perhaps you will become friends and will communicate after childbirth;
- Don’t lie on your back for long periods of time. The uterus presses on the inferior vena cava, which reduces blood flow to the head and heart;
- If your legs are too swollen, wear elastic stockings and be sure to tell your doctor about it;
- Walk more outdoors and eat in a balanced way. Remember that babies are born with a bluish skin tone because of a lack of oxygen. Take care of this now;
- If you notice that your baby moves too often or too rarely, talk to your doctor. Perhaps I would advise you to take a “non-stress test”. A special device will record the fetal heartbeat. This test will help determine if the baby is okay;
- Sometimes it happens that labor activity can begin already at this time. If you suspect that preterm labor is starting, what should you do? The first thing to do is to adhere to strict bed rest. Drop all your business and lie on your side. Tell your doctor how you feel, he will tell you what to do in this situation. Very often, it is enough just not to get up in bed so that contractions stop and premature birth does not occur.
- If you have multiple pregnancies, then you can already get a birth certificate at the antenatal clinic where you are registered. For expectant mothers expecting one child, a birth certificate is issued for a period of 30 weeks;
- In order to reduce discomfort, it is recommended to monitor the correct posture, as well as to eat well (consume less fiber, it causes gas formation);
- It’s time to get the first little things for the baby. Choose clothes for a height of 60 cm, and do not forget about caps and bathing accessories: a large towel with a hood and a small one for changing diapers;
- And, of course, it’s time to think about buying household items: a crib, soft sides for her, a mattress, a blanket, a bath, coasters in it, a changing board or rug, diapers;
- And also do not forget to prepare all the necessary things for the hospital.
Previous: 28 week
Next: 30 week
Choose any other in the pregnancy calendar.
Calculate the exact due date in our service.
How did you feel on the 29th week? Share with us!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!