A cooker hood is a “headache” for every housewife, who, due to her busy schedule, is unable to wash these household appliances regularly. And it is necessary to wash it. And not only because the hood that collects grease splashing from the stove looks untidy, but rather because it is simply dangerous to cook food under dirty household appliances.
Cleaning the hood can hardly be a pleasant experience, but you can simplify this process and make your job easier if you choose the right cleaning agents.
The content of the article:
- 12 home and store cleaning products for hoods
- Preparing the hood for cleaning and washing
- We wash the hood inside and out correctly!
- How and with what to clean the filter from grease and dirt?
- How often should the hood and mesh be cleaned?
The best way to clean your hood and filter – 12 best home and store remedies
The dirtiest part of the hood is known to be the filter. It is he who accounts for the lion’s share of all fat, fumes, odors, etc.
How to choose the right kitchen hood, what to look for – types of hoods, pros and cons
The less often you clean the filters, the harder it is to clean them.
In addition, dirty filters impair the operation of the equipment itself and increase its energy consumption. Therefore, regular cleaning of filters saves both energy and money.
As for the body of the equipment itself, it is much easier to wash it. If, of course, you do this more than once a year “on holidays”.
Video: How to clean a hood in a kitchen?
To your attention – the best means for cleaning filters and the hood itself, according to the hostesses.
Home remedies (we use everything that is at hand):
- Vinegar. Traditional 9% vinegar cannot cope with a serious layer of grease and soot, so acetic acid is ideal (approx. – 70%). It is used undiluted and with open windows (the product has a pungent odor). Naturally, all work should be carried out in special gloves (for this and all other means). We moisten the sponge in vinegar and wipe the dirty surfaces with it. We put the filters in a baking sheet, fill them with the same vinegar and take them out after 7-12 minutes. Remove the remaining plaque with a special brush. All that remains is to rinse the filters under warm water and dry them. To remove fresh grease, you can use regular table vinegar or dilute 70% acetic acid in half with water.
- Laundry soap 72%. The method is simple, safe and cheap. We rub the soap on a grater for a couple of handfuls of shavings. Next, dissolve the shavings in boiling water, stir, pour the solution onto a baking sheet and put the hood filter there for half an hour. There is a suitable container to “boil” the filters, then do not remove the container from the fire – put the filter into it and “cook” over low heat for 30 minutes. Remove the remaining fat with a brush, then rinse the hood parts and dry them dry.
- Lemon acid. We use acid or lemon slices to process hoods and filters. This method is good for regular cleaning of the hood – a thick layer of fat cannot be used by a lemon. We dilute the acid in a liter of warm water (3 tbsp / l) and fill in the filter, which is lowered into the container. After 15 minutes, clean with a brush. Strong body fat will require several treatments.
- Ammonia. A very effective remedy for both old and fresh grease stains. Remember ammonia is not a fragrance and requires careful handling and open windows. We heat the water to 50 degrees, add ammonia (approx. – ½ glass to 4 liters), lower the dirty parts into the container for 4 hours. Then it remains only to easily walk with a sponge, rinse and dry.
- Mustard. Another old kitchen assistant from a series of “grandmother’s tips”. Safe method, but it is still recommended to open windows. In cold water, the effectiveness of mustard is greatly reduced, therefore it is recommended to dissolve the powder in warm, almost hot water: for 4 tablespoons of mustard powder – 2 tsp of fairies, 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. We spread the gruel on the details and “wrap” the hood into it. After 30 minutes, wash the remaining fat with a brush, rinse everything under warm water, dry.
- Boiling. The hood itself cannot be put into a container, so the method is good only for parts – for example, for filters that most need powerful cleaning. In a container that allows you to lower the entire filter into it (for example, a rectangular baking sheet), pour water, add “to taste” – soap shavings, powder, fairies or soda with salt. And better all at once. Next, lower the filters and boil them over low heat until the water turns yellow-brown. If the grate is still dirty, drain the water and repeat the procedure. In the absence of the necessary container, you can boil the filters in half – lowering, for example, into a saucepan.
Store-bought products that quickly dissolve fat:
- Grease remover spray Sanita. It works quickly, contains active ingredients: it instantly “eats away” even old fat deposits and the rest of the dirt. The most popular is the express spray, which can be used to clean both the tiles above the stove and the stove itself. Easily removes even black carbon deposits on baking trays and oven racks. The cost is about 200 rubles.
- Cinderella spray Anti-fat. Soda “water” in the spray, as soon as it appeared, quickly settled in the apartments of the hostesses. Because it is effective, inexpensive (about 80 rubles) and effortless. The tool is based on natural soda and, although it does not work as quickly as heavy chemical artillery, it works for 5 plus, washing the hood and stove and other surfaces with ease.
- Spray Cif Anti-Grease. Sif is known for its effectiveness and gentleness. Instantly dissolving grease, it does not leave scratches on surfaces, destroys unpleasant odors, and after using this product, the perfect cleanliness, freshness and shine of the renewed surfaces remain. The price for the pleasure is about 200 rubles.
- Spray Gel Safe & Super Effective Soda-based Synergetic Is also a very popular remedy. This spray can easily cope with a cooker hood, microwave oven, stove, tiles, etc. Price – about 300 rubles. (a little expensive, but we pay extra for the safety of health products and the absence of powerful chemicals in the composition).
- Anti-Fat Glow Gel Cilit Bang… The cost is about 230 rubles. This Polish “nugget” from the household chemicals segment is produced on the basis of soft surfactants and without abrasives. It copes perfectly with grease, light soot and dirt, but it is practically powerless against old rust.
- Shumanit Bugi gel / spray. Powerful, practically “vigorous” Shumanite washes everything that can be washed. And sometimes even something that didn’t need to be washed. Therefore, it is not recommended to use this Israeli product on surfaces that are not intended for that. The price of the product is about 300 rubles, but it is quite justified, given that Shumanit easily copes with even the oldest carbon deposits – to shine and squeak! Plus, it has no abrasives, it kills bacteria in an economical way and works just instantly after application. Stock up on gloves and a respirator – the product does not smell like lavender.
How to wash pans from grease and carbon deposits?
Preparing the hood for cleaning and washing – what is important?
Considering that the cooker hood is not a saucepan, but household appliances that cannot be simply folded into the sink and washed, first of all we study the instructions.
- Disconnect the equipment from the network.
- We disassemble what, according to the instructions, can be disassembled.
- We remove the protective surface of the equipment.
- We take out the filter.
- Soak all removable parts.
- At the same time, we unscrew the pipe, which removes dirty air through the hood further into the ventilation. It also needs cleaning!
- We check the hood body for contamination.
If carbon filters are used in your hood, then they must be replaced (!), And not cleaned, according to the instructions. As a rule – every six months.
Video: How to remove grease from a kitchen hood without chemicals?
We wash my hood inside and out correctly – step by step instructions
In principle, the hood body does not require strong cleaning efforts, in contrast to the same filters. Many people simply wash the body with a sponge every evening.
There are also housewives who wash the hood once a month or two using a metal sponge. But it is important to understand that it scratches the surface, and over time, your hood will not look the most attractive.
Therefore, the following washing scheme is recommended:
- After you have disconnected the equipment from the network, pulled out the filter and other removable parts, we wash the case itself. First, moisten it with warm water using a sponge.
- Next, apply a soft but strong product to the surface of the hood. For example, Seth.
- If the hood is domed and the dome is removable, it should also be washed inside. That is, we apply the product from the inside too.
- After 15 minutes, wash the surfaces with the hard side of a regular sponge, not forgetting about the panel with buttons and side parts.
- Remove the remnants of the product with a rag.
- Wipe dry on all sides.
How and with what to clean a cooker hood filter from grease and dirt?
If none of the above methods worked for you, then here are some more options for cleaning the hood and filters from grease:
- First of all, I would like to note the benefits of the dishwasher in this matter. It is most convenient to wash lightly dirty filters in it. Strong grease with carbon deposits is not within her power, but it is suitable for regular washing of parts.
- Heavy chemical artillery. If even Shumanit does not take filters from your hood (which is unlikely, usually it is enough), use a product (one of the, there are a lot of them to choose from) to clean the water pipes. For example, Mole, Selena and Sanfor, Chirton and Sanox, Pothan, Tiret and others. Negative – filter grilles may darken. In addition, the products are very “poisonous” – work with gloves, a respirator and with open windows.
- Steam cleaning. If you still do not have a steam generator, this is your oversight. With its help, you can solve many everyday problems. This unit makes it easy to clean any surface, and in most cases does not require additional use of chemicals. In addition, the device also provides disinfection of surfaces, and even fat, under the influence of a temperature of more than 150 degrees, leaves the filters without effort at all in minutes.
Video: How to clean the hood mesh – 3 best ways
How often should the hood and mesh be cleaned?
The answer to the question “how often to wash …” this or that household appliances – depends on each specific housewife.
Usually we read the instructions for the equipment only when it is put into operation and in the event of a breakdown. Therefore, we focus on the speed of pollution – and our own free time. After all, there are families in which they cook only on holidays, and there is simply no need for weekly cleaning of the hood.
In general, general cleaning is recommended to be carried out once a quarter, but to wash the filters – monthly.
However, if you wash them once a week, the procedure will take place quickly and without nerves.
How to get rid of an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator – all the secrets of housewives
The Bologny.ru website thanks you for your attention to the article – we hope it was useful to you. Please share your feedback and advice with our readers!
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!