If a girl has curly locks, then someday she will definitely want to straighten them (every second, according to statistics). And here a special procedure comes to the rescue, which can straighten the curls even after a perm.
So what to remember about keratin hair straightening?
The content of the article:
New in beauty services! Read more in our article “Tannoplasty – a revolution in hair straightening!”
Advantages of keratin hair straightening – before and after photos after the procedure
This procedure allows you to straighten your hair without the use of chemical compounds.
Pros of keratin straightening:
- Easy combing. Every morning you don’t have to stand in front of the mirror trying to comb your unruly hair. Strands are easy to style, and even wet hair is combed instantly.
- The procedure is suitable for all hair types. And this means that the owner of thick hair will also be able to afford this procedure, without fear that her hair will somehow lose volume.
- Hair starts to shine and becomes smooth. This is undoubtedly one of the most important perks, as shiny hair is well-groomed hair.
- The styling remains in its original state even in the rain or wind. If you know that you will have a walk in the fresh air, then you do not have to worry, because hair straightened with the help of keratin straightening does not get tangled in the wind and does not look like a bunch of hay due to rain.
- Long lasting effect. Keratin straightening is able to “hold” hair for up to five months.
- Environmental protection… The polluted air, city dust and the sun’s rays will not be scary for your hair.
- Hair stops frizzing.
- You can also forget about the “power plant” on your head., which is so often formed in winter under every woman’s hat.
- If you have permed and you did not like the result, then in two weeks you will be able to correct the situation with the help of keratin straightening.
- Ease of correction. Straightening correction is much faster than the procedure itself and is much cheaper.
Disadvantages of the procedure – disadvantages of keratin hair straightening
Like any cosmetic procedure, keratin hair straightening has disadvantages:
- If it is raining outside and you just left the salon, we recommend using an umbrella, otherwise the effect of the procedure will be ruined.
- Allergic reactions associated with intolerance to individual components of the composition of the straightening agent are possible.
- Mechanical violence should not be performed on the hair for three days. And this means that braids, bunches, tails and everything else will have to be abandoned.
- The procedure is quite unpleasant, as there may be tearing of the eyes, due to the fact that the preparation contains formaldehydes, the vapors of which irritate the mucous membranes.
- If the procedure is done in an unventilated area, there is a risk of formaldehyde poisoning. This phenomenon can even lead to cancer.
- After a while, the ends of the hair break off, which forces you to go and cut the ends of the hair.
- The appearance of greasy and dirty hair may appear.
- Hair volume will decrease.
- If you have a large head of thick hair, the effect will not last long.
- The procedure is not quick. If you are the owner of long hair to the waist, then you should prepare for the fact that you will sit in the master’s chair for 3 to 5 hours.
Expert opinion of Vladimir Kalimanov, chief technologist of Paul Oscar:
Keratin straightening is only 1 type of straightening out of three: there is also permanent straightening and acid straightening. Each of them has its own pros and cons, as well as active components and mechanisms of work.
The keratin straightening procedure, having many advantages, has not bypassed its disadvantages.
The biggest of them is the discomfort during the procedure for both the master and the client. Depending on the concentration of the active ingredient (formaldehyde releaser) in the product, the eyes may begin to water and tingle in the nasopharynx (the same discomfort when cutting onions).
Is it possible to get poisoned by formaldehyde vapors generated during the keratin straightening procedure?
When working with modern professional drugs, this is impossible, since less than 0.2 mg / m3 of air is released during operation.
In accordance with the order of the chief sanitary doctor of the Russian Federation of 05/25/2014 on MPC r.z. (maximum permissible concentrations of the working area), without harm to health, a person during an 8-hour working day can stay in a room with a concentration of formaldehyde vapors of no more than 0.5 mg / m3 of air. As we can see, the concentration evaporated during keratin procedures is 2 times less than the allowable one.
But do not forget the moment about individual intolerance to specific ingredients and allergenicity. Not only keratin straightening, but also shampoos, masks and hair dyes are not immune from this. Therefore, always before starting the procedure, you should carry out allergy test on the possible reaction of the body to the composition.
If, after the procedure, the hair looks dirty for the first few weeks, this is rather a minus not of keratin compounds, but of the master performing the procedure directly. Such an effect can be formed if the master has chosen the wrong composition for keratin straightening, or has violated the technology of execution.
I want to dispel the myth that you cannot wet, pin up and wash your hair within 72 hours after the procedure. This framework can be attributed to the old formulations that were relevant several years ago. Today, compositions for keratin straightening allow you not to apply any restrictions in hair care in the first 3 days after the procedure.
Indications and contraindications for keratin hair straightening – recommendations of cosmetologists.
Many people believe that such a procedure is almost harmless, however, there is a list of indications and contraindications for this procedure (not to mention the disadvantages described above).
What should you consider before going to the salon?
- Hair that needs straightening and shine.
- Curly hair that is difficult to style and comb.
- Damage to the scalp. If you have even the smallest wounds on your head, then you should abandon the keratin hair straightening procedure.
- For some scalp conditions, you should consult your doctor.
- If your hair falls out, then you should abandon the procedure – after it the hair becomes heavier, which means that the hair follicles will not hold the hair well, which can lead to even more severe hair loss.
- If you are feeding or carrying a child, then EXACTLY you need to abandon the straightening procedure.
- People with a precancerous condition should also avoid this procedure.
Must share this useful content with your loved one's
Visit Bologny for more useful and informative articles!